High ping players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFA_Extol

Your 48p Domination server seems to be mostly full of players close to 200 ping. Their hitboxes are a few feet away from them at all times, and their bullets register 1-2 seconds late, which means dying behind cover time and time again.

It's ruining the fun for me, I have played this server almost exclusively since launch, but I am going to be finding a new server to play on. The high pings combined with no team scrambling after wins means you either switch to the stacked team, or have a really bad time. I usually switch to the stacked team, but that's not really much fun either, I want some fun close matches.

The strange part is, I've been kicked a couple of times for "high ping," when my ping was in the 60's. Not sure what that was about.

Thank you for your concerns. Our ping kicker I believe is set around 250-300ms. The reason we have it so high is so that players from other countries wont get booted instantaniously as we are an international gaming community.

The reason we have it so high is so that players from other countries wont get booted instantaniously as we are an international gaming community.

I understand, and I think that's great. It's just much to frustrating to play against a team where the top 5-10 players are all 170+ pings.

I would like to see an international 48m Dom server separate from a ping capped (150ish) 48m Dom server from you guys. I know that's not really feasible considering the high cost of servers.

it is frustrating at times. VERY frustrating at times. But that is apart of FPS games.

I've come to see people blame way too much on ping in BF4... Adapt and survive.

I've come to see people blame way too much on ping in BF4... Adapt and survive

I understand, but the two issues that I bring up are legitimate and well documented.

I may have been a little heated when I made my original post saying I will be finding a new server. TBG has high 1k tickets, (mostly, some maps randomly play only 300) only plays each map one round, isn't hardcore, and is 48m. I haven't found another with that combination.

switch to a different class or modify your tactics when high pingers get you fired up?

I think I already told you we hardly get donations from the public nor do we expect them to donate.

This has nothing to do with our costs​

We aren't going to be lowering our ping limits below the pings of our members from overseas, it just won't happen. God willing at some point DICE will fix their abortion of a game and this can stop being a problem. We have already lowered our ping kicker from 300 to 250, you're right it actually makes a difference in BF4 much more so than any shooter sold in the past 5 years which says it all about DICE/EA.

Let's put this myth to bed once and for all. Ping does not affect hit detection in any way, shape, or form. Hit detection for almost any game in the last 10 years is calculated client side (on your computer) whereas the server simply passes the information on. So basically if you're having hit detection problems then your computer is the one having problems. I'm sure you have a super duper computer that they borrow to run the Hadron Collider so that couldn't possibly be the issue.

Anyway if you don't believe me do some research.........

That used to be true but BF4 Netcode has been blamed recently for poor hit detection server side with high ping. This was a problem back to BC2. They're being sued in part for this right now.

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/bf4-netcode-client-side/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/10/b...s-stops-players-from-being-shot-behind-cover/

"We'll probably see more of these patches, as DICE have apparently frozen work on all other projects to get Battlefield 4 into shape. Historically, DICE do tend get their games working well eventually, so there's hope yet, eh."

"Do tend to get their games working well eventually"...that about sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back