Happen to anyone else?

HarryClam

Since this is a clan of pilots I just wanted to know if this has happened to any of you. You?re flying with full health (soldier and ship) when all of a sudden there is a noise like a bullet hitting the side and then bam, you?re dead and the intact ship plummets to the ground. This has happened to me a handful of times and each time it says that I killed myself. Nobody is credited with any kill so it can?t be a well timed sniper shot through the windshield. Has this happened to any of you and what the hell is the cause?

Usually a bullet hitting my gunship is like a tank or pilum.
I never get a sound when its a TV missile - cause I blow up instantly.
With the tank or pilum - its a warning sound so i can jump out.

Nothing is supposed to be able to shoot through the windshield - you can't be sniped.

However, sometimes the game glitches weirdly and you can get "shot out" of the gunship, i.e. you take damage and then die inside the gunship while it falls to the ground intact or with some damage, but not enough to blow up.

Usually you get shot out by the other gunship's missiles, but I've been shot out by:
- Machinegun from the other gunship
- APC Grenades hitting the gunship
- Air transport shots (I'm not sure but I think this has happened).

I don't know about the kill not being credited to anyone though - I haven't really noticed that if it happens. I think the other guy still gets credit...

I kinda hate that you can't snipe through the windows of the gunship... boohoo... that was my favorite in bf2.

Take out the guy just hovering there!!!!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH I have had recently where this has happened to me too!!!! I remember now!

Its weird - like i'll have just left the titan at times when "ping" and i'm dead. The gunship just floats down (intact) to blow up on the ground. I dont know dude.

Yup, that is exactly what happens. Just flying along in a full health gunship and then dead. No TV, no one shooting at you, no one even around. It's funny and annoying at the same time.

Yeah - its a bitch. I know. Its only done it twice to me in the same round. Never before or after that round though.

I've never had that happen to me... I've had "wtf" deaths but these are mostly the gunship touching objects at speeds that I think are harmless but sometimes it blows up :-D

i got emped and landed in front of an engi with a mitchell. he shot me inside the gunship for a kill. then he got in my empty gunship and flew off.

i think you crash because you forgot to do your pre flight inspection :) na i have no idea

Negligent discharge of your side arm lol??

I have never had that happen to me. How ever I have had wtf deaths like heat said, like being in the flight path of t an ATM (anti-titan missile) or just randomly exploding, when I have no idea what the fuck hit me.

however to aid to heat's list of things that can shoot you out of an EU gunship are:

-Tank machine gun rounds
-Air transport rounds
-an air burst from a SAAW on your canopy
-other GS missiles
-APC mortars
-the ganz-hmg (rarely happens)
-and believe it or not the UAZ-8 machine gun if you are empd on the ground

I have either been shot or shot people out with these methods

[quote1228873861=z242pilot]
i think you crash because you forgot to do your pre flight inspection :) na i have no idea
[/quote1228873861]

lol, if only it were that realistic,

Never happened to me. All of my deaths have to do with something called 'ground' and something else called 'tree'.

[quote1229025131=Boon!]
and something else called 'tree'.
[/quote1229025131]

Ah, The infamous Anti-Air Palm Tree.

The light poles are sprouting out of the ground all around me!!!!!

Back