Goodbye Arizona?

DeathPanx

Holy shit my state is fucking crazy these days shootings, beheadings, race wars. I think its time for me to head my ass to cali im planning on it too get me a job soulzz ill be near Oakland lmao...

this is what happens out here every month
Arizona shooting suspect could face death penalty - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

PHOENIX – The nation got its first look on Monday at the 22-year-old loner accused of trying to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Jared Loughner, head shaved, a cut above the right temple and his hands cuffed, scanned a packed courtroom and sat down.

"In total, 19 people were shot in the rampage outside a supermarket where Giffords held here meeting. Giffords was shot in the head, and remains in intensive care.
Among the six people killed were a 9-year-old girl who was born on the day of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and was interested in public service, as well as one of Giffords' aides.
Loughner was tackled to the ground minutes after the shooting began, authorities said. He has been silent ever since.
Loughner is charged with one count of attempted assassination of a member of Congress, two counts of killing an employee of the federal government and two counts of attempting to kill a federal employee. More charges are expected."

First time I've ever heard of a pothead going on a shooting rampage.

i lived in phoenix for all of 8 months and saw more crime in that time than ive seen in my entire life in Connecticut...

See.. I hate when this happens cause people like this ruin it for others. I would personaly enjoy carring a gun. I used to always have one in my truck in Texas. It's funny though when you get pulled over with one in the truck though.. haha

im sure Berkeley is like heaven compared to where im at in central phoenix..

and this shit really did fuck up or gun laws there talking about this shit everywhere but it is kinda sketched out not knowing who has a gun on them all the time and its legal so everyone conceals it...

id freeze my ass any more north then im already going shit its 70 today fucking sunny and nice ive only seen snow once and it wasnt in phoenix hah and i hate the cold lmfao

See.. I hate when this happens cause people like this ruin it for others. I would personaly enjoy carring a gun. I used to always have one in my truck in Texas. It's funny though when you get pulled over with one in the truck though.. haha

I don't know how other states handle this but from what I have heard Arizona has some of the looses gun control laws in the nation. I live in Ohio & have a CCW which allows me to carry a concealed weapon in Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana.

I keep one in the car with me sometimes but have yet to actually carry on my person because it's too much of a pain in the ass. Most places have signs up that forbidding carrying a firearm in their establishment but what's funny is there is actually a bill before the Ohio state legislators that if made law will allow us to carry concealed weapon in a bar, nightclub or any establishment that serves liquor.

That's just what we need a bunch of macho ego driven drunks with guns. I am very pro "Second Amendment" but I think this takes it a bit too far. I guess the corners better start ordering more body bags if this law passes and we might want to look in to more jail space as well.

You still need to pass the federal background check to buy a gun in AZ, which this nut did. Being allowed to carry concealed was not going to be a factor here one way or the other. The congresswoman and the guy who tackled the shooter were both carrying at the time of the shooting. Death if you want to avoid firearms I would tell you to move to IL which is one of only two states in the entire country which strictly forbid ANY conceal carry for civilians, but the criminals here still carry. Chicago forbids even owning a pistol and they have just about the highest gun violence rate in the country.

You still need to pass the federal background check to buy a gun in AZ, which this nut did. Being allowed to carry concealed was not going to be a factor here one way or the other. The congresswoman and the guy who tackled the shooter were both carrying at the time of the shooting. Death if you want to avoid firearms I would tell you to move to IL which is one of only two states in the entire country which strictly forbid ANY conceal carry for civilians, but the criminals here still carry. Chicago forbids even owning a pistol and they have just about the highest gun violence rate in the country.

I agree no gun control law federal or state could have prevented this tragedy from taking place and as gun owner and avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment I cringe every time something like this happens. Gun control laws only work on responsible law abiding citizens not the criminals or the nut jobs.

Gun control laws only work on responsible law abiding citizens not the criminals or the nut jobs.
Agreed! I'm not really a fan of guns, I'm more of a hands on person. But not everyone has that ability, so guns have their place ( * see famous Samuel Colt Quote. )

With that said, I would never support gun laws that were concerned with anything more than safety, such as keeping the damn things away from kids who have not been taught how to use and respect them. But laws that regulate who can own what, where they can own it, where they can carry it, etc., etc., ad nauseam, are ridiculous tools that politicians use to appear tough on crime.

Shockwave pretty well said it in a nutshell... Laws only restrict those willing to follow them. For the idiots that commit crimes with a gun in their hand, it's pretty obvious that while the gun might aid them in committing the offense, they would probably be just as happy to break any other law they could. Even for the alleged crime of passion, etc., people have been just as happy to kill their neighbor with the next available item if a gun wasn't handy.

Law represents a social contract, not a stone wall.

Rolling big FAT joints in Berkeley is a completely different story than hangin in Oakland.

haha i just know a very good friend out there that wants my help out there and AZ really sucks and is boring as fuck no work and i got work a place to stay and a fam..
why is there alot of stoner's there or something? lmao
ive only been to long beach and LA echo park area.
used to go to punk shows out there when i was younger hahah.

I agree no gun control law federal or state could have prevented this tragedy from taking place and as gun owner and avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment I cringe every time something like this happens. Gun control laws only work on responsible law abiding citizens not the criminals or the nut jobs.

Indeed, no gun control law would have ever stopped that shooting, remember murder is always illegal, no matter what weapon is used, if guns were illegal he would have used a flamethrower, or even been a suicide bomber.

One reason I love Alabama is that EVERYONE and their grandmother has a gun on them. infact the first day I drove in here, I stopped at a Birmingham gas station and picked a local paper that read "Convenience Store Robber Shot by owner" and then I LoL'd hard

Hmm, so you want to escape the madness of AZ.... and go to California? I would say that might be a lateral move.

I lived in Tuscon for a while, trying to restart my life. I quickly found out that in order to make it in that whole state, you either need to be an experienced, degreed professional, or have a passion for low paying, back-breaking labor - otherwise: Epic FAIL. So I have some understanding of your frustration.

I wish you the best of luck no matter where you end up. However, I would caution against Cali - nice weather, great beaches, hot women.. but those perks are what you see in the tourism commercials. What you don't see in the commercials is the multi-billion dollar deficeit, the land eroding into the ocean, earthquakes, fires, gang violence, drug wars, letting prisoners out early and one of the highest tax rates in the country.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't move there, just that I wouldn't (but being a New England Yankee may make me a bit biased). But I saw you wrote that you have a family, so I just wanted you to make an informed decision before you pack up and move. And please remember that this is just one man's opinion.

Hmm, so you want to escape the madness of AZ.... and go to California? I would say that might be a lateral move.

I lived in Tuscon for a while, trying to restart my life. I quickly found out that in order to make it in that whole state, you either need to be an experienced, degreed professional, or have a passion for low paying, back-breaking labor - otherwise: Epic FAIL. So I have some understanding of your frustration.

I wish you the best of luck no matter where you end up. However, I would caution against Cali - nice weather, great beaches, hot women.. but those perks are what you see in the tourism commercials. What you don't see in the commercials is the multi-billion dollar deficeit, the land eroding into the ocean, earthquakes, fires, gang violence, drug wars, letting prisoners out early and one of the highest tax rates in the country.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't move there, just that I wouldn't (but being a New England Yankee may make me a bit biased). But I saw you wrote that you have a family, so I just wanted you to make an informed decision before you pack up and move. And please remember that this is just one man's opinion.

thanks rim i appreciate that!
im not so much thinking the grass is gonna be greener over there but i now its a change and thats hat i need more right now lol and im getting job offers there already lol so might be a lil greener on the other side but who knows cali super storm hahaha

Back