Gaming Mouse With Fan Attached To Help Prevent Sweaty Palms (But Not Hairy Ones)

ErikStenger

fan-mouse.jpg

This is the upcoming Thermaltake Black Element gaming mouse, Cyclone Edition. It has a detachable fan on the front to keep your hand cool and sweat-free during intense gaming sessions. The fan is a 30mm design that operates at up to 6,000 RPM. The reported noise level is a whisper-quiet 21.7 dB. That's about the same as leaves brushing along the ground. Highly impressive given the small diameter of the fan. It should hold up pretty well also, as Thermaltake reports it has a lifespan of 50,000 hours, or about 6 years.

It has a customizable laser DPI engine of 100-6500 DPI. It has nine macro keys with five different macro profiles, for up to 45 individual macros. It isn't wireless however, as the fan would likely shorten battery life too much. The fan itself plugs into a USB port in the front of the mouse and is removable.

The mouse also has a range of configurable colors that can be set fairly easily. The fan however doesn't light up. One of the coolest features of the mouse though is it's customizable weight. That's right, you can change how heavy it is, up to 22.5 grams, depending on your needs.

Pricing has yet to be announced, but expect it to be in the region of US $100-$130.

Techgage reviewed that awhile back, full of LOL's. Renno would rip the fan off out of annoyance, assuming it does not fall off while beating the mouse up.

the mouse is just retarded, not even considering the fan, why the fuck would you put a side button that large? every time the mouse scoots right you go to the previous page =.=

the mouse is just retarded, not even considering the fan, why the fuck would you put a side button that large? every time the mouse scoots right you go to the previous page =.=

I think your looking at the rubber pad on the side as all the buttons on the side are really really tiny and in a group of 5. Below and under that is a rubber grip with really large gaps.

I think your looking at the rubber pad on the side as all the buttons on the side are really really tiny and in a group of 4. Below and under that is a rubber grip with really large gaps.

o.o, still retarded, i'd break it with my iron right hand grip ... you know where that comes from.... tee-hee....

I've never noticed my hand get sweaty to a point I'd need an actual fan for it.. Excluding those long, lonely nights

They should take a bigger fan so you can cut your fingers lol

They already have tons of mice out there with fans built into the palmrest which makes much more sense(if putting a fan in a mouse made sense at all i mean). So yah, this one is just dumb.

It's just a useless feature that they try to stuff down your throat as "needed" and put an expensive price tag on it

Back