Gaming Keyboard suggestions

10b4e7fdd6e0f21a170d750a96f82e5485ede016ff5cb0f3597ea8f152d8c0bb.jpg

First- I am biased.
I hate the sound of mechanical keyboards..its like nails on a chalkboard for me. Like the endless crunching of somebody slowly trying to open the cellophane- wrapper- of -a -box- of- candy-slowly in- a- movie theater annoying.

Next:
These keyboards advertise 'faster responses' and 4.7 millisecond (arbitrary number) input times etc....audible and physical 'feedback' so you KNOW or the game knows 'faster', your input....and this is 'beneficial' to gamers, who are 'serious'

Tell me, do you REALLY have a situation in an FPS game where you say to yourself, 'Dang...I SWORE I pressed Left control for crouch in time to not get shot at....my keyboard is SOOOOOOO laggy, IT, and IT alone, CAUSED my death'?

NEXT: lets see how fast you are with a mouse- take this test 5 times.
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Let me guess, your score was around 200ms like 90% of everybody else that took the test.
Your BRAIN LAG is 200ms
Your PING to server is 70ms (lets say)
Your 'regular supposedly crappy keyboards' lag is 39ms (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/57424)
Your monitors lag time is 3ms
For a total of 312 response time.

Go ahead and spend $112.99, and get that response time down to 278ms. Don't be mad when you or a roommate gets crumbs in it and or spills on it.

Sure, the above posters LOVE their keyboards..everybody is different, but don't artificially inflate your budget, because of corporate hype.
All that matters to me is:
1.WASD keys don't rub off
2. built in disabling of 'Windows Key'
3. Pretty lights

I have the http://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex , and ONLY because I won an auction on Ebay for 50$ with shipping (new =99$) [NOT mechanical]
Before that, I used a $39.99 3-color KB which never failed, and letters Never wore off, after 3000 hours of BF2,3 and 4. (and is now my back-up for my SteelSeries)

Improve your gameplay by not reloading after every kill, ignoring mini-map, ignoring coms, running around corners, not managing recoil manually, ignoring audible que's etc,.
And if pretty light's don't matter, just get a $10 KB.

After all, Honeybadger don't give a fuck!

There are different keys for mechanical keyboards, some are very quiet and if that's not quiet enough you can always make them silent with 0-rings.
The boards aren't going to magically make you faster, they're just more comfortable and yes you will type faster on them than a rubber domed piece of shit. They're also pretty damn near indestructible. I've never had a rubber domed one hold up to bear, vodka, and soda spilled on them. The rubber domed ones also wear out fast for someone like me who pounds the keyboard. So yeah, $112.00 for six years so far with mine and it's still running strong. I never had a regular keyboard last more than 2 years and that was $50 a pop so which is actually more expensive?
And if, though this hasn't happened yet, the letters or numbers wear off on a mechanical one I can just replace them by popping off the keys and putting new ones on instead of buying another keyboard.

It's not about making a magical keyboard, just something more comfortable to game on and type on and lasting longer. I'm glad yours have held up, that's not so for everybody with a regular keybaord.

I did not see anyone mention any Corsair ones. I have one of the quick fire mini ones. This suckers has survived 3 complete submersion's in coffee (entire venti from Starbucks) also great if you have small hands lol http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfiretk/
A few of us have Corsair ones. I've got the K70 and love it; btw what keys are yours. I know the 70 comes with cherry red but it looks like the one you linked comes with about 4 different options, browns, blues, reds, etc.

I use the wave 4000 as well. I tried a razor chrome I went back to my 4000. The colors where cool but I did not like the mechanical feel.

Back