Game lags bad during explosions..

Greasemonkey

Heres my pc stats Amd x2 3600+ Asus M2N-E mb 2gigs crucial ballistix pc 6400 ram Visiontek Radeon HD 2600 pro 512 mb vid onboard nvidia 10/100 lan soundblaster audigy se sound any input for a affordable upgrade to help this explosion lag would be awsome 027

Ugh ever played choppergirls airwar? Its on the BF2142 demo. fire that engineer gun off at close range and you lag like a mofo. Seriously try it. Aim at the ground and watch as you go matrix.

Turn effects setting to the lowest setting and\or update your graphics card .

My game often freezes just as I'm about to put the support scanner on the gunship -- frozen with the scanner in hand, have to reboot computer ??

I'd go with Eric's advice, but if you know your card/system can handle the current settings - check to see if you have Anti-Aliasing turned on - definitely turn it off.

It was a common problem in BF2. Every time you blew up a tank or artillery strike is going off nearby. Make sure you don't have the onboard video on if have it.

My game lags a little bit during really bad explosions, but I have screen shake on, and I like the realism, like my game goes into slow-mo, when the titan core blows up and Im too close to it, I remeber one time, we rushed a squad through thier core and had 3 guys setting off rdx and my guy was all sorts of fucked up, I was totally disorientated, which is realistic, if 35lbs of explosives just went off in a small room. lol

IDK lex if you lagged like me during a grenade explosion you wouldn't find it realistic, just freaking annoying. I go into jitter mode.

RimGreaper5000, I love the avatar. Give it to him Kermit. Who's your froggy!

Rgr thanks for all the input guys ill try playin with the settings some if that dont make it better ill have to start upgradin :) Because like amazon said its more than just a little lag its down right annoying. Gets so bad in the gs it makes me crash. And rim that avatar is funny as hell....

My pc's stats: -Intel Core i7 processor 920, quad 2.66GHz cores, HyperClocked to 2.93GHz
-550W Velocity Micro power supply
-3x 120mm fans
-Intel x58 chipset motherboard, ATX
-3GB DDR3-1333 high speed memory
-2 x 512MB ATI Radeon HD4850
-500GB hard drive 7200rpm SATA,16MB cache
-7.1 intregrated HD surround sound
-20x DVD+/-RW Dual layer burner with lightscribe
-16x DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive
-10 usb 2.0 ports
-running Vista 64

Back