Game Hook

SgtDeadred

Ban Manager
Someone was asking on Vent exactly what "Game Hook" is. I dug this up in an old forum for you admin's and others. A "game hook", simply means that you have a process running that is "hooked onto" your game process.

Cheat/cheat Violations:
When PunkBuster detects a cheat or cheat by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and cheats from the computer.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster cheat

Cheers,

SgtDeadred

Thanks for posting this DeadRed, I still wonder what the actual program is doing.

I found this in three different forums but most were fairly old and at least one referred to BF2. The thread on PBBans forum pretty much called it a hack while another leaned that way but admitted it could be a natural attachment such as an Antivirus program. From what I gather once you have been caught and added to the MBL the only way off is to fix the issue or uninstall the hack and appeal. I don?t see any means to differentiate though and I?m betting through time PB knows the difference.

Cheers,

SgtDeadred.

Back