Future Upgrades

acgmacht

So here's the situation: I'm running an i7 950 on an EVGA X58 Tri-SLI motherboard with about 6GB of RAM and dual GTX 580s with an 850 watt Antec power supply. I'd like to make a few changes, which are: put in a new power supply to support dual cards (three in the future), grab a third 580 for shits and giggles (and bragging rights, I guess. Battlefield 3 is worth it!), and snag a new, slightly larger monitor than the one I have now, a 24 inch LCD from Asus.

I have my eye on the following:

Power Supply: http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Power-Q...30GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319852555&sr=8-2
Graphics Card: PNY
Monitor: Amazon.com: Samsung S27A350H 27-Inch Class LED Monitor - Black: Computers & Accessories

What do you think? I'm open to suggestions and feedback if what I've listed isn't what I should be looking for. Feel free to list what you're running, too!

I'd like to, but the two cards I'm already using are the same PNY build that I linked. Would it matter if I stuck an eVGA card in with two PNYs?

Anything over 1.5gb and 3bg sli for one monitor is over kill.

Look at the Asus 27" monitors too. Cheap at newegg.com and a hell of a picture. I used to use nothing but Antec's in the past. Went through a string of them that failed. Never again on that brand PSU.

The only thing I actually -need- would be the power supply, since I was unaware that a 1000 watt PSU was recommended to power a dual graphics card system. The extra 580 and monitor would be for shits and giggles, and trying to get the absolute most out of Battlefield 3 and any other graphic-intensive games.

If not Antec, which would you recommend? I have an Antec 850 right now, and thought to go with the Antec 1200 in order to make sure it'll fit in my case.

PC Power and Cooling is what I have been using for all my builds as of late. Not sure on a PSU that you are going to need. SeaSonic, Corsair, or Enermax have very good reviews.

PCP&C is owned by OCZ now. Seasonic is almost always my top recommendation.

Back