FRAPS

squirrel17404p

Honorary Member
I use fraps to record my game play. If anyone else uses fraps what settings are you using? Was wondering what be a good setting to use so that the files aren't so massive. Not that I don't have the space with over 1.5 terrabits of space.

What I do is record only as I am about to take off in the gunship and I stop recording after a good shot or two. I set my recording hotkey to the backslash over the "enter" key - that way I wont hit accidentally most days.

I've heard mixed reviews about FPS settings. I've heard the higher the framerate you set - means you will get that FPS in game while recording. My understanding is that is the recording FPS - so if I set it 50 FPS that may cause lag in the game because it is recording a high FPS. But if you set it at 29 FPS then you should have less "lag" in game - as its less strain on your pc to write those files.

Remember to import the footage into your favorite video editing software (windows movie maker or adobe premiere elements) and save with compression. You'll be suprised how much smaller the files will be after you compress them.

I bought FRAPS this weekend. I wondered about the sound capture: Does it capture TeamSpeak? Does it capture Ventrillo?
Short answer:
YES if you have "Detect best sound input" checked.
NO when you check "Use Windoes Input"--the only sound captured is my earphones.

It is wise to only record sound if you have a sound card.
This will def cause your system to seize.

I'm recording FRAPS 1/2 window size at 60 FPS. Also, I'm gonna buy a Sony movie-editing program and have to learn everything from scratch. Tips? Know a good tutorial page for Battlefield?

When I made the first response I was using a laptop and was getting lag no matter what I did.

On my desktop PC i run 60 FPS at 1/2 size also.
You could get adobe premiere elements. Its cheap and easy to use.

Adobe Premiere Pro is nice too ^_^. I have elements and it is a good bit different. I used pro 1.5 about two years ago or so, it was awesome. Alot of the programs I have used since suck and destroy my dvds when I go to encode them. Premier FTW! (or essentials)

I have the pirated Premiere Pro but I can't figure out how to use the damn software... to hard for the amount of time I want to use it.

I downloaded Sony Vegas video editing software trial today and YES, I'm having fits learning it!
Is it crippleware in that my test movie doesn't play? Hear sound, no video -- static photos? It's complicated!
Windows video editor is stupid-simple, but it crashes all time I try to use it. Ever onward...............

Back