for you military dudes....

DeathPanx

was wondering if anyone of you could tell me exactly what this is ive had it for the longest time and came across it the other day and though id ask you dudes its in a sealed canister sounds like rocks inside..

says

calcium hydride charge
ml-305 a/tm

100_3526.jpg

1. NOMENCLATURE: Calcium Hydride Charge ML­305A/TM.
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Standard A.
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Unclassified.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:Used to generate hydrogen gas for meteorological balloon inflation.
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:Calcium Hydride Charge ML­305A/TM, an metal can containing pure calcium hydride, is used to generate enough hydrogen to inflate a 100-gram balloon to produce a free lift of 650 grams minimum.

From http://www.tpub.com/content/meteorology/TM-750-5-3/TM-750-5-30105.htm

[quote1253995919=Farstar]
1. NOMENCLATURE: Calcium Hydride Charge ML­305A/TM.
2. TYPE CLASSIFICATION: Standard A.
3. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Unclassified.
4. PRIMARY USE OR CONCEPT OF EMPLOYMENT:Used to generate hydrogen gas for meteorological balloon inflation.
5. BRIEF FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION:Calcium Hydride Charge ML­305A/TM, an metal can containing pure calcium hydride, is used to generate enough hydrogen to inflate a 100-gram balloon to produce a free lift of 650 grams minimum.

From http://www.tpub.com/content/meteorology/TM-750-5-3/TM-750-5-30105.htm
[/quote1253995919]

thanks bro was wondering wtf it was for so i cant blow up anything lol..
what happens if it gets wet??

Technically anything can blow up. Shit it took the military what like 6 hours to learn how to make an MRE bomb? Those things are great though. If it hasn't been used try activating it inside a compressed area or with a pure reactant chemical.

Bombs are fun and yes they will kill you

[quote1253999541=Deploymentking]
Technically anything can blow up. Shit it took the military what like 6 hours to learn how to make an MRE bomb? Those things are great though. If it hasn't been used try activating it inside a compressed area or with a pure reactant chemical.

[/quote1253999541]

how do i activate it ? seems like no way to open it..

According to the google search it needs a battery and water to activate and it will turn into Hydrogen... at least thats what it said

[quote1254005171=Deploymentking]

[/quote1254005171]

Lol, true that haha! yeah dude blow the big fat patty up!!

Hydrogen goes boom really well. We used to make carbide cannons when I was a kid (dad taught us!). One of my brothers made one with an oil drum, blew out windows all around.

Back