Flying and lost a wing

There is a company that makes them for just about every plane now a days. Whether or not it will work in your situation is a bit iffy from what I've read.

Wow, yeah that's certainly a surprise... a chute on the plane itself???

Worked in this situation.

The guy was quick to pull though...

Yeah Ive seen those before, its called a Ballistic parachute, they are designed for small aircraft, Ultralights, hang-gliders, gliders etc. In the event of something very very bad, ( like you just saw lol) The parachute is deployed to save the whole aircraft instead of the pilot bailing out. They can be great, unless youre on fire. I can tell you that, that guy is extremely lucky that the chute did not tangle, he pulled it at the perfect moment.

Almost seems unreal. Good way to advertise the product. Well if thay can drop a tank out of a plan with a chute. Then that little plan is no problem. Next time I fly I should ask if the plane is equiped with one if not I'm not flying ;p

^ Bro we got to work on your English I love you to death but its absolutely hysterical.

it's called a ballistic recovery chute and is fired via a rocket away from the airframe in order to avoid getting tangled, the biggest one being worked on right now is for a very light jet VLJ and should recover the airframe from around 350 knots (knots being faster than pussy MPH)

oh yeah "the american made airplane is advertised as having "removable wings"" oops someone forgot to put a bolt in its hole. must've been a woman, men are experts at putting things into tight fitting holes.

Back