First Impressions

HeatSurge

The game feels almost like a carbon copy of COD 4... it seems like they made ww2 models/guns but gameplay is basically the same. Not really surprising, considering it uses the same engine anyway...

They even ripped the original level designs, i.e. there's still "sniper" levels where you're guided by a guy as to what to do exactly like COD 4...

I've only gotten through a few missions, but the first sniper level was a shameless ripoff of the movie "Enemy At The Gates" which isn't all that bad actually.

Overall, it's amazing how much effort was put into the game to make it "come alive" - animation, modelling, etc., exactly like COD 4.

For some reason though, it feels far more boring to me personally than COD 4 was... maybe it's the WW2 setting.

It's alright I suppose.

I've never played cod4 and I can't get the beta version of codwow to work... so i wish i knew what you were talking about.

I agree that is exactly like COD 4, however I enjoy it. I will be getting it the day it comes out (Tuesday the 11th). If anyone else is getting it, we will be putting up at least one server for it depending on how many people do end up getting it.

Well... it's out already ("came out" on Saturday). Sort of :-D

Back