FINALLY!!!

Yea I did...unfortunately 25% of a state can rule over the other 75% and mine and many others votes didnt mean a dam....... I will be moving out of this state as soon as I can....if I am not arrested along with my girlfriend, sister, brother-in-law, and numerous other friends and family members in the coming months for apparently being an terrorist extremest who doesn't belong in my own state.....

I went Absentee this year. No dealing with the 130 year olds that run the polls in my hometown.

I've been watching for most of the evening; hope, everybody exercised their right to vote. Harry Reid can officially blow bubbles in my ass. GOP title waved the Senate!!
Not just the Senate, they destroyed the Democrats in governor races in the bluest states (MA, MD, IL, CT, MI, CO to name a few) and they extended their house majority by double digit seats. They almost have a veto proof majority in the House now. This was a huge wave election, and we have two more Senate seats coming, one tonight in Alaska and another next month in Louisiana. I sent a tweet to Harry Reid asking if he was going to be more or less of a cunt when Republicans take over in January, not holding my breath for a reply.

Bring on the Keystone Pipeline!

63977_cartoon_main.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just going to put this here and hide in a dark corner : As the GOP controls both the senate and the house, another Dem President is more likely unless the GOP shows exemplary statesmanship in senate and the house. If the GOP doesn't keep it's shit behind the buns for 2 years, you will have a Dem President as the GOP would be the only one to attack in a blame campaign, can't get votes on saying how bad your guys did.

Got this perspective from an even darker corner of political science.

Hell, I love what happens when GOP controls shit though, keeps Putin the fuck in check and silences self-destructive eco activists

I am happy the people stood up for themselves, however, do not rest on your laurels. We have 2 years of a lame duck POTUS who has been left high and dry by his Blue buddies and frankly, the damage he could manage in that time could be irreparable.
Keep your head on a swivel.

The Republican party got what it wanted but now comes the hard part: humility. If the leadership cannot contain some blowhards in the party and keep their heads about them and understand negotiations must happen then the victory will be short lived. And my faith in McConnell and Boehner is VERY weak -- I do blame them for the party languishing for several years via their initial strategy against Obama. Being the dissenting party is easy because it is your job to be obstructionist, but now comes the part where bills will happen on your watch and public perception of responsibility when something gets done will be key. That and the math is severely against them in a presidential election unless some stances change.

The Republican party got what it wanted but now comes the hard part: humility. If the leadership cannot contain some blowhards in the party and keep their heads about them and understand negotiations must happen then the victory will be short lived. And my faith in McConnell and Boehner is VERY weak -- I do blame them for the party languishing for several years via their initial strategy against Obama. Being the dissenting party is easy because it is your job to be obstructionist, but now comes the part where bills will happen on your watch and public perception of responsibility when something gets done will be key. That and the math is severely against them in a presidential election unless some stances change.

as i said :)

Most likely they will start with a major bill that will pass, probably Keystone XL pipeline, it has the votes in the House and enough Democrats in the Senate to avoid a filibuster. That would get them off to a good start with a win on a major issue that has been blocked by Senate Democrats and the Obama Administration for 6 years. You will also probably see the House and Senate convening a gaggle of joint committees to write up bills on repealing the medical device tax, adjusting the tax code to bring in the $2 TRILLION parked offshore by US corporations that don't want to pay taxes on repatriation, a straight up Obamacare repeal bill for the Senate specifically (everyone knows it won't be signed by Obama but there will be 26 Senators who have never gone on record with a vote on Obamacare), there will be by the end of next year an Obamacare replacement bill, 2016 will see an immigration bill if not sooner but they will try and put it off until election year so they can campaign on it, there will be lots of smaller bills. The biggest change will be the immediate start of Senatorial investigations into the IRS scandal, possibly Fast and Furious scandal, Benghazi and possibly the VA scandal. It's going to be an interesting 2 years regarding appointments as we are in need of a new attorney general and the top prospect right now is a racist who is running the Labor Department and used to run the Civil Rights division of the DOJ. Also there may very well be at least one if not two dead Supreme Court Justices in the next two years. Hopefully they impeach Attorney General Eric Holder and prosecute him for obstructing 2 congressional investigations, but I don't think Boehner has the stones for that. There is so much work to be done I'm interested to see how they proceed.

The best news from the election is the 67 State Legislative chambers the Republicans won, that puts in play an Article 5 Constitutional Convention where the States can amend the Constitution without the Federal government. There are 2 major Amendments that are being eyed, a balanced budget Amendment and a term limit Amendment. It would be nice to see them strengthen the 10th Amendment but I don't think it would be ratified. Interesting times, Obama really missed his chance to secure a legacy that didn't involve the words "worst President in history" but he's just to egomaniacal to have worked with the soft legislature he used to have. It was interesting to hear Obama tell voters to go fuck themselves today, but they're so used to hearing it I don't think it even registers anymore.

So the last time I voted for anything was Ross Perot. I believe Mark Twain is rolling in his grave, seeing how on a Tuesday every few years, we vote for our favorite millionaire, as if any of them care about anything other than 1. The power (and $) 2. The lobbyist they have to repay somehow/someway or 3. What they have to do to stay in office $$$$$$$$ It's like paying for a jersey or trinket to support your favorite sports franchise, deluding ourselves into thinking "Golly gosh gee, my teams care about ME and MY support." Fuck no they don't, be it republican, democrat, or martian. Our system is so far past the point of corruption that's it's laughable...at what point in time did we work for the government, and not the other way around? In all things, follow the money I guess. All my opinion of course :)

To be fair there are some differences on the issues between the parties, if you don't want people fucking with your guns vote Republican. If you don't want people fucking with your right to a government funded abortion vote Democrat. There are lots of other issues that the parties are on opposite sides of for real, but it's true they are all so fucking detestable it's hard to see anything else.

To be fair there are some differences on the issues between the parties, if you don't want people fucking with your guns vote Republican. If you don't want people fucking with your right to a government funded abortion vote Democrat. There are lots of other issues that the parties are on opposite sides of for real, but it's true they are all so fucking detestable it's hard to see anything else.

Valid points, to be sure. It's just baffling to me how anyone has confidence in any political party, as if politics has somehow become this benign, benevolent entity since the Romans, where they have everyone's best interest in mind and each state they represent will have a river of chocolate and gumdrop smiles if they're elected.* I welcome our Corporate Overlords :) Next election, I vote G.E.

*So yeah, it's a Team America reference, sue me lol

Reid held up so much legislation it's not even funny; the Dems view was our way or no way; how bipartisan is that? Let's go after the Washington Redskins for their name; stupid shit like that pisses me off. I watched a movie on the airplane the other day called Nixon by Nixon; most of it was the Oval Office recordings. I think Obama in a lot of ways is like Nixon if not worse; i.e, suppression and investigation of media.

found this post somewhere : "Always the same with you people: complaining about how all politicians are bad, too rich, lazy, too good paid, not interested in the people, don’t work at all and so on and so on. It's a fucking democracy. If you really think that most people would prefer someone like you and your (most likley just as idiotic friends) over all those bad politicians, then FUCKING DO IT! Get elected, make the world a better place. But all you do is sitting there masturbating and complain how all those who achieved"

Back