Favorite metal band

That's a tough one since the "metal" category covers alot of types of music.
Iron Maiden,Metallica,Sepultura,Slayer,Agnostic Front,Minor Threat,Inside Out.
I grew up sneaking into CBGB's and seeing bands all the time. One of my favorites was ,one
night I was maybe 14 ,my brother and good friend dragged me down to this place called Roseland.
I saw Bad Brain's, Sick of it All , Gorilla Biscuit's , and Breakdown.that type of music is "hardcore".
I remember my last show at CBGB's Henry Rollins from Black Flag , just released Rollin's band first album.
Lot's of black and blue's hangover's, and a shit ton of awesome memories , as well as some awesome live music.
These guys had me flying around the streets of lower manhattan with my skateboard for a few years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HGPzJs1WK88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4XstH23RYOA

Last edited:
Bad Brains is considered hardcore? Love them dudes!

Grindcore, Noise/Mathcore, black, viking, sludge and Thrash have to be my favorite genres.

One of my fav. metal songs!
you just became my new best friend! Ever saw "Call of the Wintermoon" video?!! hehe epicly hilariously awesomE!
Check out. Trollech....."Va Stinu Starych Dubu" Goes along with the Call of the Wintermoon esque kinda shit!

Last edited:
you just became my new best friend! Ever saw "Call of the Wintermoon" video?!! hehe epicly hilariously awesomE!
Check out. Trollech....."Va Stinu Starych Dubu" Goes along with the Call of the Wintermoon esque kinda shit!
Yeah dude that video is so bad it's good. All their early vids are hilarious!

Early Police stuff was considered punk, ska , reggae-ish that's why they had a tough time breaking into the U.S. market.I know we are stating Metal , but Punk is thrown into the metal genre.
Here is Sepultura I wanna put my head right through plate glass window when listening to this they get me so pumped!
OHHHHH don't forget Pantera!
Not their best but sick riff!
Here's a band my brother played for me like when I was 11 or 12. Agnostic Front doing a Ramones Blitkrieg Bop cover.
I hope I'm not derailing the thread , I just get pumped when people show interest in the same type's of music.

Agnostic Front..Totally remember them dudes....Fuck, there is a hardcore band from up your way(i think they from up north) Keiser....I cant think of it right now....its on tip f my tongue, maybe a shit and a cig will help me remember:
Blood For Blood !! thats the name!

Early Police stuff was considered punk, ska , reggae-ish that's why they had a tough time breaking into the U.S. market.I know we are stating Metal , but Punk is thrown into the metal genre.
Here is Sepultura I wanna put my head right through plate glass window when listening to this they get me so pumped!
OHHHHH don't forget Pantera!
Not their best but sick riff!
Here's a band my brother played for me like when I was 11 or 12. Agnostic Front doing a Ramones Blitkrieg Bop cover.
I hope I'm not derailing the thread , I just get pumped when people show interest in the same type's of music.
Pantera is fucking awesome! I saw them and White Zombie when I was 16.

Back