Far Cry 2

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Who will be getting it? This is coming out on the 21st of October, a Tuesday.

I will surely be "getting" it lol :-D...

Most likely won't be able to play multiplayer though... if you know what I mean XD

If I like it, maybe I'll be able to play multiplayer a bit later :-D

I still need to play through crysis warhead and stalker clear sky...

I LOVED stalker so clear sky should keep me occupied for a while too...

Play STALKER clear skies, it kicks ass man, I am almost done with it, I got as far as Chernobil PPT. If you have any questions Ill help ya. Plus I sure am looking forward to FarCry2

I will most likely be getting Far Cry 2 on Tuesday :D.

sweet i played the first but never liked it hopfuly this one will be better

I doubt if I get FarCry 2. I will wait and get COD 5 when it comes out. Unless I here some good reviews of the mulitplayer for FarCry2 then I just might. Have to wait and see.

Well, it's out and reviews generally seem quite favorable. I doubt if it's worth buying for the multi, because the single player is where the focus of the game is at.

BTW I loved Far Cry for its visuals, but admittedly the story was quite lacking. The gameplay was alright, multiplayer was really uninspired. I kind of feel the same about Crysis actually. It's too bad that developers like Crytek can take 5 years to design and perfect an engine and visuals that feel like they're having full intercourse with your eyes, and have mediocre-to-good gameplay/sounds/music and a marginal story (with exceptions).

Far Cry did get me to upgrade to a FX5900XT at the time though, which was a $300ish card if I remember correctly. It pwned, for its time.

For me, Half Life 2 is still truly the definition of overall perfection in FPS games. It has stood the test of time, for me, and even the engine and havok physics still feel current after even a few years and very scalable. IMO it's the FPS which has quality and greatness written all over it the most out of all.

Anyway, back to topic - I'll post my impressions on Far Cry 2 tomorrow or so ;-P

Back