<? echo $help."DeathAdder";?>

C

cjjeans

I just bought the DeathAdder yesterday and used it for a little gaming last night.
Much to my disbelief - the key strokes I programmed to the 4 &amp; 5 buttons wont work.
I would just like to use those buttons for prone and crouch buttoms (z and ctrl). Does anyone have any experience with programming these buttons and want to help me?
This is the model of the deathAdder I purchased:
[link=hyperlink url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8313595&amp;type=product&amp;id=1174694191542[/link]

Its funny that it says that the mouse will send my enemies scurrying... It didn't do that. Maybe if I could program my 4 &amp; 5 button... anyways. I'm not happy with the purchase yet.... ARGH!

UPDATE: I am going to check for firmware updates... and then see if it works.
I opened notepad and hit the thumb buttons.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it works there but not in game.
Could you list which version firmware you are running if it works?

I'm running firmware version 1.25. Have you tried pressing the 4 & 5 buttons when you are in the 2142 controls and try to set it that way?

im currently using a dell optical mouse for flying and gunning no DPI settings and i manage but I'll trade anyone for anything :)

Ok so I tried to update the driver and firmware. I couldn't update the firmware without updating the driver to v1.08. Now when I run the firmware - updater - it resets my driver and freezes up &quot;not responding&quot; is the usual message. Now I have the 1.08 driver and not the 1.25 firmware. My buttons still dont work in game. I tried to make secondary actions for crouch and prone using my thumb buttons - but it still doesn't recognize them. Maybe I should leave them as &quot;windows button 4&quot; and windows button 5&quot; and then see if the game will recognize them then... argh.

I'd recommend downloading the .RAR file first. Uninstall everything for your Death Adder then install the driver. It should install the firmware as well.

Actually the firmware updater is separate from the driver... but it requires the deathadder custom-driver to be installed for it to work, i.e. you can't install it if you're using the &quot;windows PS/2 compatible mouse&quot; or whatever it installs by default.

I have uninstalled the driver. Reinstalled the 1.8 driver (with the adder plugged in) and still can't get &quot;bootloader&quot; to work. I called Razer tech support - they said to try this on a different computer and if that doesn't work - send it back and they will replace it. IDK - I am bad at sending stuff back and having it replaced. If it doesn't work - I tend to suffer with it for a while and then throw it out when I've had enough.

If you're plugging the DeathAdder in some random USB port such as a monitor port or a USB hub especially, or even the front ports on your box, try the USB ports which are on the back of the motherboard.

Then try the updater again with the mouse plugged in directly into the motherboard USB ports... it should work. I've updated the firmware on mine twice since I got it as they came out with no problems whatsoever...

Back