EA's Origin Service Required To Play Battlefield 3

Whats funny was you could start battlelog and BF3 from the browser by passing origin for the alpha after it was installed. So you might not have to have it running to play but its likely you will have to have it.

Not a single Steam fan can say a damned thing, exactly how it works for them. I bought Saints Row 2 which doesnt have anything on the box saying it required steam and it was a retail game that required steam!

Steam is required for many games. Doesn't concern me too much.

Yea after I recieved my confirmation from EAgunclub for winning Vietnam, it took me directly to the new orgin site.

i pre ordered with origin and i can chose to have Mass effect 2 or dead space 2 as a free game now, suckas

i pre ordered with origin and i can chose to have Mass effect 2 or dead space 2 as a free game now, suckas

They cant/wont take my payment for the preorder at this point but they gave me Mass Effect 2 for free already SUCKA!

I'm starting to lose interest for BF3 now. there's so many changes and what you need to play. this is annoying. How much of this is going to happen? I think either a lot of players will be disappointed or, they'll go back to playing bf2, bfbc or vietnam including all other games. This is why I'm waiting to see reviews of how the game is. On the other hand, MW3 kinda has me at "eeeeeh"? Not sure if I even want bf3 now ever since I upgraded. Just waiting to see what happens in October.

I'm starting to lose interest for BF3 now. there's so many changes and what you need to play. this is annoying. How much of this is going to happen? I think either a lot of players will be disappointed or, they'll go back to playing bf2, bfbc or vietnam including all other games. This is why I'm waiting to see reviews of how the game is. On the other hand, MW3 kinda has me at "eeeeeh"? Not sure if I even want bf3 now ever since I upgraded. Just waiting to see what happens in October.
I agree with some players going back to BF2; but, I don't think so for BC2. BF3 is a modern BC2.

bf3 will be bf3. i hope it will be different, the same way that bf2 was different from 1942 and 1942 was different from everything else. adapt or die, tis the rule of evolution.

Honestly, with the Co-Op option alone, its a stand alone from any previous BF game. The last real FPS I played that had to Co-Op, and required it to advance in game, was Rainbow6 Vegas 2.
I keep saying shootable lights, damn it, and it will happen eventually.
Been playing BF since 1942, and have owned every game but 2142.. To much like Star Wars for me.
BF3 reserves are up 3500% on consoles alone. Maybe someday they will wake up and realize PC gaming is where its at. I mean damn you gotta buy a 360, pay for the game, pay for your ISP, and pay to connect to others.. That damn Bill Gates is a genius, oh thats right, people know that already.

Honestly, with the Co-Op option alone, its a stand alone from any previous BF game. The last real FPS I played that had to Co-Op, and required it to advance in game, was Rainbow6 Vegas 2.
I keep saying shootable lights, damn it, and it will happen eventually.
Been playing BF since 1942, and have owned every game but 2142.. To much like Star Wars for me.
BF3 reserves are up 3500% on consoles alone. Maybe someday they will wake up and realize PC gaming is where its at. I mean damn you gotta buy a 360, pay for the game, pay for your ISP, and pay to connect to others.. That damn Bill Gates is a genius, oh thats right, people know that already.

Lol, if you think bf2142 is like star wars...you need to play the first strike mod...

I wish that they didn't make it like that. Furthermore, I wish that it was available on steam.

LOL...
Sorry never been a fan of futuristic shooters. Iam more a realistic shooter type of player. From everything I have read, BF3 fits that bill. GOD let the bullet drop for a M95 be true, in BF3.
Make souls, with .50 cal holes!

On another note; Is anyone having issues with both Origin and Steam running?

Back