Dont know whats better

MrPapaBear

Im probertly gonna move soon. Now i have to decide if i stay with ATT or take Comcast Cabel for Internet and everything. Whats better because i still dont have any knowledge of tat stuff her in the US. Maybe someone knows more and can give me some tips.

ATT has a better chance of being consistent, but comcast supports higher speeds.
I'm actually a very happy and satisifed comcast customer. I know you won't hear that from anyone else, but I'm quite happy with my service. One suggestion, if you do go comcast make sure you do NOT rent their crappy cable modem. Buy yourself a motorola SB6121 off of amazon, and also buy a decent router. You will save money in the long run from the rental cost and you will have super stable internet. I haven't reset my modem in at least 6 months.

Im am actually one of the rare happy Comcast Customers. People say oh i don't know what my ping will be from one moment to the next, I can tell you what my ping will be within 1 ms and i haven't speed test in 6 months. My speed tests are consistent though as with all consumer internet, the speed test doesn't tell you shit. Sustained speeds are always lower. Might have a 2 am outage every couple of months.

All depends on where you live. I hear in some poorer areas of some states your lucky to have 5 hours of internet a month lol.

RT-N66U is nice. I have one too. They have a reputation for unreliable factory firmware so make sure you update to the latest firmware version immediately.

Get Avery78 to hook you up or give you suggestions as to best provider. Hey got me setup with a terrific deal for my cable, internet, and even home phone package with the cable company he works for. Thanx again man, i really appreciated that. ;o)

Back