CS:S dust 2 deathmatch server needs a regular admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkVision

Hello all,

My IGN is DarkVision im currently ranked 24 or 25th(i forget which) on your dust 2 server. Needless to say this means ive been in it a LOT, i have NEVER seen an admin/clan member in this server. It is CONSTANTLY being invaded by hackers, mic spammers, and general immature people(racism etc). It is heavily in need of some policing. That said, im willing to be the one to do it. Im willing to get on your TS3 server if you want to talk, or any other VOIP service(or just add me on steam). I have been playing CS:S/CS since ~6 months since the original came out. Needless to say im very experienced in the game, as well as being an admin. Anyway a bit more about me.

-I'm 30 years old.
-I have extensive Computer, network, and server knowledge, also know quite a bit about hardware, and im always willing to share info.
-At my peak i was maintaining 3 different clans servers for multiple games(all told around 30 game servers, mostly CS:S and TF2)
-Ive never been suspended/vac banned

i realize that the above may come off as "just some dude after admin", its honestly not like that. I just want a constant admin presence to prevent "abusive" players. Since in the months Ive been playing at your d2 server i havent seen anyone from the clan, i figure i might be a good option. Anyway thank you for your time.

whats your ingame name? ive never seen you before, couldnt find any players named DarkVision.. ive put in a alot of hours these past two weeks and havent encountered any hackers at all, also i play with the mic turned off and cant comment there, and also there is way to much in my kill feed to read chat.

Oh sorry, i went tard mode. my ign is FailSauce atm. i switch between the two and just flat out forgot which i was on. so sorry if i was making it hard to find me.

@killingseed - yeah i figured i might, but i didnt want to just toss an app in going "gib admin!". hence why i put this in feedback, to me a "regular" player needs it that is in their, doesnt have to be me, or if some admins are willing to add me on steam so that i can get them to jump in, that would be great.

@Snakebabies - will do i guess :). As stated above wasnt trying to come off as someone ignoring the fact this is a community.
Edit: sorry but as money is a requirement i wouldnt meet that requirement, i am currently unemployed :/. Perhaps at a later date :)
@fast - ive honestly never seen anyone with the clan tag in the server, and i do play their quite a bit. Ive also never reported thinking this group was "dead" as i hadnt seen you guys in server, so hadnt bothered looking at forums. But after several months of running into problem users i figured id come see if you anyone was still around. I have no issue recording demos and submitting them. But it still unfortunately doesnt stop them WHILE its happening. Honestly seeing as you are first and Outlaw is at 16...im surpised ive never seen you guys, but as stated i am rather high ranked with ~58k points...so guess we just playing at different times.

I see you all the time. You normally use your mic a lot.

Voteban is also available to you if necessary but better to make a report.

@fast yeah i talk...a lot :) love to bs/shit talk, or just talk in general. :) Also i swear ive never seen you in their at least with that name...but maybe im dreaming...

As far as voteban goes, its generally a "useless" feature. people tend to leave instead of using it, one day i was in got a speedhacker/aimboter that was running around ahving a merry ol' time while server was close to full...it dropped down to 7 players and we were still missing 1 vote to ban. I dont know WHY people still dont use that feature when its needed, but they dont. Maybe a lower % is needed? Anyway, ill be sure to start reporting the abusers as i see them now.

I normally check anyone that was vote-banned successfully from our CS;S and TF2 every few days. So far CS:S has 100% success banning legit cheaters, i just extend them to perm from 2 hours. And yes report is a lot more effective.

I wasnt saying a successful voteban is abused, indeed ive never seen a successful one that was wrong. I'm saying the numbers needed to get one are too high, that players will rarely if ever use it for an extremely obvious hacker, let alone someone using x22/EA/etc that is "hard" to detect. I should note that im talking about the initial vote to ban, not the actual vote that is normally set around 40%. Once the vote comes up its "normal" to have the offending player banned, but getting to that vote can be a pain. So since its still a suggestion thread id suggest lowering the threshold to initiate a voteban to 30% when the server has 6-8+ people in it.

What I meant to say I have seen quite a few successful votebans that actually remove cheaters and nobody innocent as of yet. I can look into lowering the % a bit

Well back with a few more complaints/suggestions :). Once again we are regularly getting nailed with aimbotters and people remain too stupid to voteban. (no joke past two days ive seen 1-2 aimbotters(insanely obvious ones at that) that have tried to be votebanned..and never get more than 2/4 2/5 votes needed to initiate it. which considering the server pop at the time (and that it was almost all active players, or today for instance was all active) shows just how much a regular admin is needed. I get that you are unwilling to make me one, but please either recruit someone from the server that plays regularly, because even with the hackers aside, their is TONS of mic spammers etc that join and just do their best to ruin everyones fun. As far as suggestions go(cant believe i didnt think of this earlier) their is a SM plugin that will message any online/active admin with the !admin command, so that players in game can summon an admin when rules are being broken.

Have you tried votemute? We have that option there type votemute in chat.

Admin is given to members. You would need to apply and get your votes.

well i joined your server saw a 385 -5 hacker took a screenshot and left. good job. way to go. voteban? had 3 on him...only needed 11 more!(3/14 for you idiots that cant math). What about one of those auto detect scripts i mentioned that are 100% free and would have removed him for you? Nah. Might have to actually like download something, thats HARD. Suggest maybe getting someone that actively plays their admin? Nah, that would leave the server fun to play in.

Fuck it im done. Since my original post ive seen ONE admin on. that was yesterday. i mean holy shit. You refuse to do dick about the problems the server has, and im honestly at this point so fed up with this piss poor "community" i wouldnt even help if you asked. Only reason im stopping by to say fuck off is well, you have god damn earned it. You ignore your player base, ignore the MASSIVE amount of aimbotters, mic spammers, and people that run around spilling racial slurs like its going out of style and when someone comes along and says hey i will help, you ignore everything about it. even the fucking scripts taht would at LEAST stop the god damn hackers. so fuck it, and fuck you. Or in case that is too rude, Please Sir/Ma'am go kindly FUCK YOURSELF.

CS is played by two fucking members. Myself and @Outlaw The main game for this community is Battlefield not a single CS: source server.

You expect admins in there day and day out? You know how many cheaters there are in source games compared to battlefield games? 100 times more. Your job is to report on our site, like every fucking person does here

http://tbgclan.com/forums/players-to-watch-out-for.28/

You were asked to apply but to apply to join the community and meet our requirements, you did not. You just wanted admin. We dont let any asshole join the admin ranks. Instead you just want to bitch.

You know how many updates sourcemod releases that breaks plugins that requires constant monitoring and updating? ALOT. You know dick about running server or constantly updating the plugins. So you damn right the voteban menu will break. Has nothing to do with math. You probably dont give a shit either.

So good riddance. I've banned you from the server so you do keep on your promise.

Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back