Confused... BF4 Premium is cheaper than Digital Deluxe

NovaBlazer

Pre-Order Battlefield 4 (BF4)

So... BF 4 Premium gives you all expansion packs and everything else... and is $49.99

But Digital Deluxe is $69 and gives you only the first expansion pack.

I am confused...

Are you supposed to buy BF4 Prem with the Plain version or something?

Premium is premium only you still need the base game. Nothing has changed since BF3. Nothing to be confused about.

BF3 Premium was Expansions Only. BF3 Premium Edition is Game + Expansions. BF3 PreOrder was Game + First Expansion. Bf3 was just BF3. Expect everything to work exactly the same. Though there is currently not a premium edition package.

Personally I am going Preorder and then will probably buy premium 6 months after the second expansion is release which is probably when the first sale will happen.

BF3 Premium Edition only came out a year or so after Premium first appeared. BF4 is likely to follow the same model. So you need to buy either the DD or regular edition, AND but Premium on top of that.

Ok go click the link...

Pre-Order Battlefield 4 (BF4)

Then tell me... that everything is exactly the same as last time.

-----

Last time was BF3 + Karkland
*THEN* after Karkland they sprung premium on us.

------

THIS time it certainly appears that you can buy the base game + premium right from the start.
Here is a picture of the choices. This most certainly WAS NOT how it was offered in BF3 which is why I am confused.

Base game + premium = everything?

-----------------------------

BF4-3choices.jpg

BF3 Preorder = Base Game + 1st Expansion
BF4 Preorder Standard or Deluxe = Base Game + 1st Expansion

BF3 After Preorder = Base Game
BF4 After Preorder = Base Game

BF3 Premium = Expansions ONLY
BF4 Premium = Expansions ONLY

The only difference at this point is they seem to not be offering base game only packaging. But I am 99% sure they will after the preorder is over.

If you only purchase premium that is on that page come game time you will be playing nothing. Should disallow you from buying without having the game already but this is EA were talking about.

Base game + premium = everything?

Unless they decide to throw something else on us. The difference this time around is they made it available now. But otherwise its the same as before.

Best answer: DD gets you BF4, China Rising, BF4 Beta access(if not already acquired elsewhere), and 3 Gold Battlepacks(WTF is this?); Standard gets you BF4(hard or soft copy) and China Rising; Premium does not include BF4, but grants all expacs plus early access to them, and what looks like a systematic delivery of battlepacks as content along with other undisclosed content. The point of Premium is to pay up front for all of the expansions. As a perk you get some trivial other goodies (dogtags, battlepacks, prem-only 2x XP events).

Battlepacks contain a combination of new weapon accessories, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and character customization items. The packs are designed to add an all-new layer of multiplayer persistence with an exciting element of chance, and are awarded during gameplay.

Ok - so it sounds like Standard + Premium is the way to go.
That way you get in on all the 2x XP stuff right from the start, get all the expansions and you still get lots of those pack things (which sounds a bit foo-foo to me).

Looks like Amazon is selling them for the exact same price as Origin.

Yeah, I just pre-ordered the standard + premium from Amazon. I just won't do a download for the whole fucking game for the DD edition.

I did the digital deluxe pre order and yesterday did the Premium both on Origin.
When I checked the premium out there was a note saying must have base game that was there but not from what I recall there the day prior.

Back