computer locking up on TBG servers

hydrohybrid

For quite a while now when I am in TBG servers I end up locking up and have to reboot.

Happened last night in metro and again today in Metro.

Is anyone else having this issue?

This does not happen on any other server just TBG servers. If it makes a difference I noticed it happens when I get a recent kill or or series of kills or today our team was pinned down and couldn't get inside but I went wide and made it to one of the flags and as soon as I got in flag range locked up.

Are you overclocking your cpu? The lockup might happen with an OC that needs a bit more voltage, or it could be a memory error. If you're overclocking, try upping the voltage a couple of notches and if you're not then check your memory with something like memtest. There are a few programs you can download for free to test the RAM. Other than that, it might be your video card and the driver you're using, but since it's locking up your system, I would start with the CPU first.

I'm not overclocking or anything like that. If it were a memory problem or a hardware conflict specific to BF3 or origin it would be happening on all the servers.

It is only occurring on TBG servers. This is why I don't come into TBG servers. I don't just get kicked I lock up which is a pain in the ass rebooting and coming back in only to lock up again.

I don't know if anyone can see if anything is causing it by looking at logs or whatever but the time I was in there was around 12:45 pm est. today.

try updating your PB manually. I know the servers' PB gets updated very frequently when removing bans so our PB is always up to date than other servers.

Ranked servers are usually all the same except for box parts specification (which we run the highest quality)

Either way, playing a particular server shouldn't crash your PC. If you won't look at driver solutions or software updates I don't know what else to tell you.

I am looking into driver solutions I updated my video drivers a few days ago solved some Firefox issues.

I am thinking it could be my sound card. When I rebooted my sound card was non existent. Had to shut down unplug and switch off the PS to clear the memory and then reboot to get the sound card back.

I will dig up my model etc. and check for driver updates for the sound card a general search doesn't show any updates past 8/09. It's a sound blaster card.

Sound cards are notorious for problems especially sound blaster I just hope there is a driver update as I don't want to buy a new one.

While we are on the topic I am running vista ultimate 64 anyone else and if so what sound card do you use and do you like it...?

Either way, playing a particular server shouldn't crash your PC.

^ this. The only "difference" could be something PB-related, but once PB is updated on your client everything should be behaving exactly the same as when playing on other servers, in any game.

Interesting..I've had some issues on servers that sound similar and forgot BF3 recommends a few things I'm lacking. My power supply is at thte bare minimum, ram is 2 gb shy and my processor should be a quad core. Little things can add up quickly. I run the game pretty good, but I get my share of problems to lol. Anyways, still enjoy playing on your guys servers.

Went into Metro tonight as I was talking to Fast on TS about it how I lock up usually when I'm killing or about to kill someone.

So i took a picture with my cell of my P90 barrel in some guys mouth. It shows I killed him and that's where I locked.

Pisses me off there was another easy pickins right behind him as you can see in the attached pic.

Detail is better if you enlarge the pic.

Attachments

• metro locked up headshot.gif
    metro locked up headshot.gif
    351.7 KB · Views: 249
I think it shows how the load is distributed between your SLI cards.

I think it shows how the load is distributed between your SLI cards.

Yea that shows sli .I enabled it because for some reason in the past the sli was dropping out. Want to make sure it stays enabled. I don't even notice it being there anymore.

What driver version are you using for Nvidia? Have you tried changing the drivers for your 570 to maybe an older one? Sadly, Nvidia's been as bad as AMD lately with their drivers. I have the first update for drivers with my 680 and won't touch the newer ones because everybody I talk to has had them crash their games repeatedly with the new drivers.

What driver version are you using for Nvidia? Have you tried changing the drivers for your 570 to maybe an older one? Sadly, Nvidia's been as bad as AMD lately with their drivers. I have the first update for drivers with my 680 and won't touch the newer ones because everybody I talk to has had them crash their games repeatedly with the new drivers.

Renno told me that last night. I am running the latest WHQL, there is a 304 beta out though. No problems here except if I am overclocking I am getting some glitches when tabbing in and out of the game but it doesnt happen on the OC, Im running 50Mhz less than my known 8 hour stable OC i kinda want to blame the driver but ill have to do testing.

Yea updated the drivers not too long ago to fix issues with Firefox. But, like I said I only lock up on the TBG metro server.

Back