Compatability Emulator Software Error

Kon_Kao

I recently picked up 2142, A friend reccomended the game, i think he's a member here, although i don't know his screen name. Installed fine, used EA downloader to patch the game, (versoin 1.5 i think) and now i'm getting an error every time i try to boot the game. I don't have any emulator software. I followed EA's troubleshooting, and sent them an email. Haven't really heard anything from them since. I've reinstalled the game almost 3 to 4 times, It runs fine until i patch it, either for the regular game or the NS patch. I really doubt it's a hardware issue, i'm running on vista, and my pc is strong enough to run crysis. Maybe a vista setting i need to change?

~Has anyone else seen a similar problem?
~Can i just play w/out the patch?
~Can i get the patch from somewhere else?

I appreciate any help and look forward to killing all of you ^_^

Thanks for the link, read throughly. Got some good ideas what to try when i get home from work.

P.S. this shit is retarded. seems like a lot of people are having problems installing / patching.

No problem, let us know if it works :).

Try to use the full patch instead of incremental (although soulzz will recommend incremental) full has always worked for me... then again I'm not using the downloaded version - I'm using the DVD one so IDK.

Yea, i bought the game at Fry's (Deluxe Edition)
The only thing i downloaded was the patch. My computer is fairly new, so i don't know if there's something the game is detecting and 'thinks' is an emulator. DVD burners / DivX player and burners, etc. Guess i'll be periodically going through and removing these tonight.

Alcohol possibly...

I have no problem running BF2142 with the latest Daemon tools lite. I've never had problems with anything showing "emulation software detected" with DT Lite for that matter - they must do a good job of hiding it and keeping it under the radar somehow lmao.

I had the same problem when I installed and patched on a new computer. I had no emulator software at all. Brand new computer! I downloaded an alternative bf2142.exe file that helped. Never had a problem since. I'm thinking it might has something to do with the BD-rom drive or the software used to run the bluRay discs... who knows...

Yea, my computer is less then a month old. Can you tell me where you found the alternative bf242.exe file? I just played lastnight w/out the patches.
Thoroughly checked hard drive, nothing close to Alcohol, or any other emulators.

I googled it and cant seem to find it again. I can send you mine if you want. Are you on AIM?

I would def download another version of the patch. I have downloaded "bad" corrupt patches before.

As soon as i got the bf2142.exe file - it worked like a charm.

Back