COD5 Server Lag

-Aura-

Ever heard of players complaining of "hack lag"? Comes in two flavours, the first is client side when their connection (and others too) suffers because they have injected their exe with a cheat. The other, explained:

One would imagine that a server of this size and stature would get many attempts at the rcon pass.

Ever noticed players getting 999 ping a lot? Connection Interrupts etc? Perhaps they are trying to brute force the rcon. Can't prevent it, but this will stop the same person doing it again:

sv_rcon_banpenalty 5 --- Number of minutes that a player can be banned 1 - 60 max
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10 --- Number of times a player can retry to enter a password 1 - 20 max before being banned.
sv_rcon_minfailures 5 --- Number of times a player can retry to enter a password 1 - 20 max before being banned.
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 30 --- Number of seconds that a player has to wait until entering a password again 1 second - 60 minutes max

If you put this in, just make sure as a server admin, you get your password correct eh? :D

I hate complainers but the CTF server is just about unplayable with the massive lag goign on. Every round starts with about 2-3 minutes of random lag spikes/connection interruptions and as the game goes on it lessens but it still happens maybe 10 times per minute maybe more. I dunno if it is someone doing the above or just something seriously wrong with the server. I noticed it a bit on the TDM server as well but nearly as much as the CTF server. Thanks in advance, everyone on the server is complaining about it so I figured I would mention something as I doubt most of them will even come to the forum.

We should have this issue resolved within the next 48 hours. We're working on it :).

yes our provider has messed up with something and we are rectifying it asap.

I have done something to temporarly fix it, I'll come in there and check. Its at the start of the round? Yeah I think i know about it. Thanks for feedback.

Running perfect now, thanks for fixing things up so quick.

Back