Changes? Vista?

Runyan69

Ok, have some questions on Vista and games. I ordered a new comp that obviously comes with Vista.

EA... I have a ton of games on EA that were all downloaded for XP.

Will I be able to download those same games onto Vista?
2142 / Spore / Mass Effect / BF2 / without a serious problem?
Will BF2 even play on Vista?

Now I heard alot of bad things when it comes to Vista and 2142, are they true or false?

I never used seen Vista let alone use it, any warnings?

Thank ya, Thank ya very much. (Elvis impersination voice)

I've been playing bf2 and 2142 on vista since it came out. So far I've had no problems... Vista is ram hog. That's why I turned off all the useless services. I freed up 400-500 mb of memory.

I went here http://www.speedyvista.com/registry.php
Then I clicked on Windows Vista 'Safe' Settings (bat).

Vista is a pretty good OS. I'll admit I was one of the big haters until I actually started using it. Vista works fine as long as you have the resources to run it. The only other thing I would recommend is turning off is UAC (User Account Control), that's the annoying are you sure you want to do this and right clicking runs as administrator stuff. Once you start using it you'll hate trying to use XP because it just feels old and dated. BTW Windows 7 drops on October 22nd maybe you'll get the free upgrade. If not you can get the OEM Ultimate 64 Bit Edition from NewEgg for $174.

I've gotten used to Vista; the initial stages was a flaming shit bag on my front porch. Any lockup w/ BF you can crt alt del and not worry about a system lock up. Soldier is right about the UAC, annoying piece of shit.

uac was interesting when i first got vista. i figured HEY extra security, awesome... then after about 2 days i got frustrated with it asking me if i was sure about anything.

Are you sure you want to run codwawmp.exe YES IM SURE the thing tries to block everything which is good for someone new to computers.

all in all ive had no problems with vista except codec problems which show up all the time no matter what os you have. in particular putting .avi files into Windows Movie Maker 2 can be a pain without the proper codecs that they dont give you...

Yes I do get the free upgrade here is the lowdown on the new comp.
Vista 64 bit Home
Intel Core 2 3.16 Procceser 1333 FPB 6MB
XPS Liquid Cooling
Dual Nvidea Gforce 240 2048 MB
8 GB Dual channel Ram 800 Mhz
WD Velociraptor 10k RPM SATA 3 GB/s 16mb Cache
SB Titanium
Killer NIC Xeno Pro
875 w Power supply
G19 Keyboard (Just got that, it fuckin rocks)

22 in LCD 3d Monitor / 3d Glasses ? Yes, tried to cancel them but they wouldnt let me, they were fuckin 165. 00 fuckin dollars. Package deal.

No you should not have any problems with vista, I have vista and I like it. have not any problems and I have had mine two years so far. try it out and have fun.

I agree; I have been using Vista Ultimate 64 for about a year and have no problems at all. As long as you have the resources it is fine.

Running Vista Business 64bit. The games work fine on it, however, I will be promptly switching to vista when I feel like shifting all my data to my backup drive, I have Ultimate 64bit already with my key in hand, but I'm lazy : /

Back