Changes to Both INS Servers

jollygreendino

Hey guys,

So I was hoping whoever has the power can do a couple of things for me:

1. I would like to add to the repeating message about cheating and racism that "Team flashing or other trolling is not acceptable". The part about trolling should be added to the map loading screen banner since it broadly covers team flashing and a bunch of other stuff.

2. Finally, I think it's time for us to add in vote kick. With the Thanksgiving sale and the Winter sale starting, I am decidedly overworked and at this point I trust most of the server that it is the lesser of two evils.

3. I'm not sure exactly why, but it seems my admin powers are relatively restricted with regard to the prior two points as well as some other functions like map change, etc. Is there a reason for this? Can this be changed? At this point I've been doing so much work to keep the INS servers going that I feel like I deserve a little promotion.

Thx

Insurgency works far better with Battlemetrics. Have you tried using BM to address some of your concerns. We can tweak the in game scrolling as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Map change is broken, although it is a power that rarely needs using.
Back in the day when we launched these 2 servers, I would log in every morning and change maps to whatever was trending at the time to help attract players...

Votekick is a tricky one, because admins can be kicked and have no immunity (as far as I know)

What we need is a message like 'Help us keep this server clean. Report all violations via FRAPS/SHADOWPLAY to TBGclan.com'
This helps attract traffic and membership to TBG....

Intentional trolling team flashing is hard to 'prove' without video. I've flashed poorly before and been yelled at. Listing it as a 'rule' might be pointless.

This crowd is WAAAAY different than BF crowd, as I'm usually dealing with VOIP spam (which we can sm_silence playername X) where X = minutes unable to VOIP or Type anything.
Or just straight up Bans for N words.

Use 'sm_hsay Everybody needs to chill with the MIC spam' (hsay prints in big white and yellow font bottom center of screen)

And my personal favorite, in between rounds when 8 ppl are using their mic's and you hear 'N word' in voip, but cant honestly tell who it is, use sm_silence @!me 3
This mutes and gags entire server for 3 minutes except for you...use a sm_hsay command to lay down the law, and enjoy how well behaved the server is from then on.

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering if there was a way to silence the whole server. I still want to add votekicks...as admin I'm not too worried about it but I just can't be on all the time.

Vote kicks are spotty for insrugency.

Have you tried the votekick command in chat?

I haven't, and I doubt I could since I don't seem to have access to server level functions.

I know that they aren't great, but we really need it for the times when I am not on.

Sorry @jollygreendino that it seems I may have abandoned you lol. Been dealing with a lot of changes in my work and still working on the production side of the music I'm writing with my buddy. Hopefully by Feb. it won't be so bad and I can become regular to the server again

Back