Cannot connect to TBGs BFBC2 servers.

PhillyOverclock

I am having a hell of a time connecting to your servers. I was able to connect to 1 of them for a few days, but not anymore. I can see 4 of them at a time, but when I try to connect to any it just hangs forever or until I cancel it. Of course there are tons of issues with this game, but I was wondering if any of the clan had problems and how they finally got connected.

What operating system are you running on?
Are you running through Steam, the EA Downloader, or a DVD?
Have you tried running the game in Administrator mode?

Wassup Soulzz. I am running as admin W7 64-bit ultimate. All ports are forwarded correctly. I bought the game through the EA downloader. PB is up to date. I can connect to almost all servers, and the ones I do connect to I get excellent speeds from.

We aren't running PunkBuster on any of our servers, so PB isn't the issue. Have you tried running EA downloader as Administrator?

Also, make sure to type TBG in CAPS for the filter ;). We may change it in the future, as it's case sensitive.

We aren't running PunkBuster on any of our servers, so PB isn't the issue. Have you tried running EA downloader as Administrator?

Also, make sure to type TBG in CAPS for the filter ;). We may change it in the future, as it's case sensitive.

You should get PB up soon, Soulzz. I have already seen a hacker who did like 60-2 in a round on another server. Just glad he was on my team.
The funny thing about this game compared to 2142 is that the EA Download Manager does not start up with the game and does not need to be running at all to connect to servers. Is this the case with anyone else? Also, I was able to see the servers, but I still could not connect. Perhaps being logged into the EADM will help connect to more servers? I doubt it, but I'm going to try anyway. Maybe I'll try turning Pb off as well.

Another thing, does anybody know where to connect via IP address from within the game, or even if it can be done? I swear, this game is so fucking buggy I am about to go back to 2142. or at least until they patch the fucking thing up real good.

And good to see you Soulzz. I hope all is going well with you trying to take over the IT world.

Well on the bright side my shit works fine :)

I hope they don't give you a real gun where you work, because I have seen you with a virtual one and the thought of it doesn't make me feel any safer. :p Good for you they have the "don't ask, don't tell: rule huh?

Anyway, now I can't even see your servers at all now. I have begun to play on the MIA servers for now, but I will keep looking for your servers and connect when I can. I have too many buddies around here to just forget about you guys.

He got it working. I fixed it with him over the phone :).

You're a good man Soulzz. And Philly I'm glad you still have a good sense of humor.

Back