Canless Air System O2 Hurricane Computer Duster

I am not familiar with the particular product but the concept is good. If its more powerful than "canned air" careful around the circuit boards. If its less or around the same then not so much.

Just so long as you dont buy a USB powered one :p My only concern is that your sucking dusty air into the device to blow into the case. There is probably a point in the device where dust really isn't getting through but the nature of the device require the air intake to be rather unobstructed and you can sorta see it already.

I saw that too, but if it out lasts 11 cans of air, then it has paid for it's self.

Just by an air compressor. Then you can change tires really fast too. And plasma cut, paint and all sorts of other shit. That thing is loud as shit an not very powerful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Air compressers can be bad juju for electronics

Not if you out on a condensation remover

I think the other issue is that air compressors can convey a static charge to the electronics. Which obviously is a nogo at this station

I think the other issue is that air compressors can convey a static charge to the electronics. Which obviously is a nogo at this station

I know thats the issue with vacuum's anyways. Not sure on air compressors but you really have to dial down the pressure when blowing out electronics. 90 psi is a little much.

50-60 psi and use a grounding strap. I clean my shit like that. I learned it at work. That is how we clean the ddec-2 transmission controls modules on the 8v92ta's. Always works.

define grounding strap

A grounding strap is a device that creates a ground from point a to b to prevent the transfer of anytime electrical transference which would result in a discharge.

Thumbed with my iPhone

50-60 psi and use a grounding strap. I clean my shit like that. I learned it at work. That is how we clean the ddec-2 transmission controls modules on the 8v92ta's. Always works.

And the last thing I read, which I forgot about, is that you gotta make sure the compressor you have is oil-less.

While I do plan getting a compressor, I was looking for something highly mobile for the IT shop I work in.

Thumbed with my iPhone

You can use static cling spray instead of a grounding strap too if you want, that's what I do when I'm mixing a batch flash powder.

Before you buy, consider the alternative which has been available for several years and might even work better. Not "wireless" though:

Amazon.com: Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120-Volt: Home Improvement

Edit: After looking at the newegg reviews for the O2, it looks like the DataVac DOES work better. If you're looking for a canned air replacement, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting the above. It's tried and tested, and it does deliver even more pressure than cans. Search youtube videos if you want "proof" too ;-) .

Back