Can not get into server because of "port UDP 3659 is closed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynorth

My problem is as the title suggests--"game disconnect, make sure the port UDP 3659 is open", and this problem just pop up recently after I move into my new home. I asked my Internet Provider for this issue and they suggest me to ask EA or the server holder themselves, so here I come.

I also reset my new wifi router and try every way I search from the Internet--From the port forwarding to close the firewall... I reinstall the game, but the port issue still appear---which confuse me and annoy me a lot---is that still a problem unsolved?

Attachments

• bf4.JPG
    bf4.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 4
If you do not have a router or firewall that is blocking outbound udp 3659, then make sure UPnP is enabled in your router. This will dynamically create the socket and keep it open. You can make sure that its enabled by going to portforward.com or any other port checking websites. This is a communications issue between you and EA in general.

Feel free to PM me if you need further help. I check the TBG forums and offer assistance where needed.

Hi bro, I had this problem a few weeks ago, I may have been lucky but what solved my problem was just rebooting the router.

Have you tried restarting pc and unplug router/modem box wait a minute before plugging back in. Should work after

If you do not have a router or firewall that is blocking outbound udp 3659, then make sure UPnP is enabled in your router. This will dynamically create the socket and keep it open. You can make sure that its enabled by going to portforward.com or any other port checking websites. This is a communications issue between you and EA in general.

Feel free to PM me if you need further help. I check the TBG forums and offer assistance where needed.
I change my router, but the problem still occurs...It is very frustrating because this thing keeps happening... I may not play this server anymore

try connecting directly from modem to the PC instead of using router. Not sure if this is possible for you but it could be your router

Your ISP isnt going to do anything, as they typically are not responsible for this layer of communications. Did you do that whole portforward.com thing? Have you checked to see if there are any firewalls that might be blocking this port, such as in windows? What about making sure UPnP is enabled?

I checked everything I could think, I disabled my firewall, opened special rule for ports, port forwarding and did visual server in my router...However, it still did not work. I followed the instruction on the portforward.com, yet the problem still exists.
I could play TBG conquest server, but only rush server I could not get in.

Did you try connecting the PC directly to the modem?
Did you reboot the router?
Did you disable UPnP inside the router?
Try running BF4 with elevated (admin) privledges.
Disable the Microsoft AV program, or exempt the entire BF4/Punkbuster folder, as that might also flag certain programs that run as malicious.
Are there any other programs that are utilizing that port? (in cmd.exe, run netstat -a, look for established on the UDP flavor)

Also check to see if there is an update for your Punkbuster client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back