Buying Unlocks through Origin

Dark1Lives

This may have already been discussed, but I noticed last night that Origin is selling BF4 unlock packs that enable you to unlock pretty much anything... Has this ever been done in previous versions?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/pc-download/battlefield/new-releases?q=

Have these people just decided that they don't care about anything buy money? It used to be that people had to earn unlocks (as much as I used to hate that)... Now it seems that a level 1 player can instantly unlock everything if they have the $$$... Seems to me that it takes away a lot of the skill that comes with earning the unlocks...

It was done in BF3 for sure. Most people here will scoff at it. Honestly if you come into the game lets say 2 years after it came out it might really be the only way to sit down and have fun but all the vets cry because they had to work for it. Me I rarely get to play the game. I bought BC2 and got my last unlock probably a week before BF3 came out. I literally spent my entire BC2 career trying to unlock everything and then stopped playing the game. I wouldn't say its always an option for the loser out there, but day 1 sure lol.

From a non FPS perspective in MMO's its time or money and if you put in the time the real life saying, time is money applies. Besides I always liked F.E.A.R. everyone had the same like 4 guns.

If you could buy the PVP gear in WOW I would still play it but I hate grinding for best in slot stuff and I don't have the time to keep my rating up to get the gear.

I don't see this as any real issue. Its not just the weapons, some skill is still required, so its not really "Pay-To-WIn". Maybe more Pay-To-Play? :)

I came into BF4 late and I did purchase all of the packs....however it does not include all of the weapons nor does it include any of the actual weapon mods. There are still at least 8 or 9 weapons I don't have unlocked even after spending over $60 on the packs. So it is not a be all to end all. I feel that everybody should have the same weapons personally. In the end it doesn't matter what gun you use, it matters how good of a gamer you are. You can be awesome with any one of the assault rifles, just takes time.

I'm not a fan of buying your unlocks, but its all about money for EA....I personally rather take 200hrs to unlock everything, more satisfying imo.

I'm not a fan of buying your unlocks, but its all about money for EA....I personally rather take 200hrs to unlock everything, more satisfying imo.

I agree im not a fan of buying unlocks either, I wish their wasn't that option. I much prefer getting my unlocks through gameplay then buying them, however since it is an option and it saves me a lot of time I will spend a little bit of money to get the unlocks. It doesn't make you a better gamer though so it's not pay to win. Only the vehicle packs are pay to win'ish.

I thought buying "Map Packs" in COD was bullshit, back in the day. I couldn't imagine wasting even more money on these "unlocks". I have Premium and have yet to really play the "Naval Strike" release.

I personally took advantage of the free pistol shortcut back during player appreciation month because otherwise, it would have taken me forever to unlock all of them, and that was even if you wanted to play a pistol/knife server all the time. They really set the point requirements way to high for the pistols. Should have had the point setup more like the nades.

But other than that, I try to unlock anything the old fashioned way.

It's just more Kool-Aid
Besides I always liked F.E.A.R. everyone had the same like 4 guns.
F.E.A.R. is the shit! That's the only FPS I've ever bought that I played the single player mode. Can't remember, maybe it didn't even have multi-player when it first came out. Anyways that shit was scary, gave me goosebumps when I'd be up playing late at night. I can't remember who but I've played with someone from TBG before a few times.

THAT SHOULD BE A THROWBACK THURSDAY GAME

Good point Bureau that is one of the few campaigns I really enjoyed.

THAT SHOULD BE A THROWBACK THURSDAY GAME

That is impossible unfortunately. Steam Copies don't have keys, the key gen for the free multiplayer only install has been down for a decade and for those of us with keys the servers are part of the gamespy shut down.

Best we could do is the community SEC2 version which not sure how well thats going these days.

Back