Buying a new videocard? LOL good luck....

I'm making $100 a week, with 2 old gaming machines

I have ordered 3 rx580 cards and a motherboard at a cost of $1350.00
I think the break even mark is about 6-10 weeks.

It's a hobby, not a living

You can go to www.nicehash.com and down load the program and when your not gaming you can be mining

Sadanko

I'm making $100 a week, with 2 old gaming machines

I have ordered 3 rx580 cards and a motherboard at a cost of $1350.00
I think the break even mark is about 6-10 weeks.

It's a hobby, not a living

You can go to www.nicehash.com and down load the program and when your not gaming you can be mining

Sadanko

Do you get free power (some people do). Have to factor that into the break even of course.

Mac,
I thought your Video Card rule is:
Best card for $300??

Glad you found a card.

I'm using the rx580 cards to mine

Sadanko

//
Yup that has been my rule for 15 years, I finally decided to step up and buy an ass kicking card. Even the $300 cards are gone though.

Mac I am glad you found a card, but ETH mining on a 1080ti likely isn't your problem. Currently there are 21 other coins that make more money than ETH, some making 2.5 times more. Each nvidia card has a type of algo that it is best at, or AMD cards.

And power has become less of a problem/cost. I know a guy making 500 bucks a day with a $800/month power bill. And he isn't mining ETH.

In a strange twist:

NVIDIA said: "For NVIDIA, gamers come first. All activities related to our GeForce product line are targeted at our main audience. To ensure that GeForce gamers continue to have good GeForce graphics card availability in the current situation, we recommend that our trading partners make the appropriate arrangements to meet gamers' needs as usual".

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60611/nvidia-retailers-sell-gamers-crypto-miners/index.html
It appears Nvidia has decided to "play both sides of the fence", they could up their production to sell more cards to both groups, but may be afraid of ending up with a large stock the may not sell when the new ones come out.

If you need to see a big mining operation in Iceland, watch the following video... places on this scale are eating up all the video cards.....

Last edited:
I honestly don't even know why I need a good card, I'm not good enough at any of these games to see a gameplay benefit...I mean I guess it will be cool to see a T-Rex eat me in 4k Ultra...

LOL, every single one of those cards is out of stock...The ones that don't outright say out of stock don't ship until April 26th. I'm telling you, the shortage is real. I've been building computers for 20 years now, never seen this before with any major component. Except for that time retailers were totally sold out of Abacus cores back in 217BC.

I remember it being difficult to get the first sound card. I could be wrong but I think that thing was the hardest thing to get back in the day. Besides your mothers credit card to buy it in the first place.

Back