Burning /Encoding /Ripping DVD Movie's Software?

Keiserwolfe

A buddy of mine lent me a copy of Led Zeppelins 1970's MSG Concert DVD.
It is a copy of the original , on a dvd rw disc. I tried using windows 8.1 moviemaker.
The results were an unreadable disc in my Blue Ray player.
So here is the question? How , and wtf am I doing lol . If someone can give me the right direction please?
Software , process? I would appreciate it greatly !

Blue ray player only reads a blue ray disc. Your trying to play a DVD copy in a blue ray player. That's like trying to play a cassette tape in an 8track player. It doesn't work.

Actually the copy he gave me works just fine in the Blu -Ray player and it's on a DVD rw disc soooooo .Wrong.

Your blue ray player reads multiple formats, you did not provide that information in you first post.

You tried using windows movie maker? Lol

Search Google for your answer.

http://www.makemkv.com/

thank me later.
TRULY free
No email signup-
just a little bit of reading or experimenting
also- I am introducing you to VLC..CLICK ME .it a media player that plays everything.. including the mkv file you are about to make.

Don't worry about handbrake for now....thats a few lessons away.

some players will play mkv files.. if yourTV has a USB, i can almost guaruntee you can move the .mkv file to a flash drive, and watch it.
Otherwise, just watch on your computer, or stream it to your TV.

Update on the burn ! VLC MKV And Media classic worked just fine thanks a million guys . It saved me going the almost 90 dollar Nero route!

Go to slysoft.com and pick up two products: AnyDVD HD and Clone BD. They both last 30 days for free.

AnyDVD HD decrypts DVD's and Blu-Rays ON THE FLY. No need to make an image. And with DVD's it also removes the Region.
Then you open Clone BD (or Clone DVD) and you rip it to a new disc.

I used Clone DVD Mobile and made Generic MP4's of all my movies as well. So these just sit on my Media Server. The Generic MP4 format works on everything (iDevices, Android, PS4, Xbox, etc...) and I can connect to my media server using DLNA standards which lets any device in the house stream the movies.

I have used these products for about 10 years now, they work great with very little trouble and allow for cool things like stripping out extra audio, ads, previews, etc...

I highly recommend these as a polished suite of DVD/BD ripping/conversion tools.

Back