Building a new comp!!

yes , more ram the better. I got 32 when I built my new pc. over kill ? maybe , but that's just me, go BIG or nothing .

Yeaa I'm thinking 16GB is the move. Defintely helps a lot for futureproofing.
Just came back from micro center. That place is awesome haha never been before. They don't have the 4690k yet and don't exactly know when they'll get it, but it looks like it'll be price at $200, so only $10 more than the 4670k. Think I may as well wait for it.
The guy also was tempting me with a combo package for a cpu and mobo, could get a mobo comparable to mine with $40 combo discount. Only end up saving about $17 or so, but would have to return mine for a restocking fee and shipping so wouldn't make sense

16GB of ram is all a growing boy could ever need/wish for.....anything over 16g is may be overkill!, but not a bad thing like fewbs said

Yeaa I'm thinking 16GB is the move. Defintely helps a lot for futureproofing.
Just came back from micro center. That place is awesome haha never been before.

16GB is a good move . Ya, Micro Center is very nice , we have one here . It's hard to keep control in there , I always want to buy to much .

All finished! Only one problem. When I first turned it on, everything was fine. But then I went back and put in all of my hard drives that were in my other computer, and now it's making a buzzing noise. Hard to describe. Sounds sort of like a fan but higher pitched. Seems to be coming from the CPU/cooler area. Kinda pissing me off, and it was there when I turned it on the first time. Anyway, here are some pics. I've got lots more haha photodocumented the shit out of this build

wJJXlS3.jpg

Z35Doqx.jpg

YkTvOkL.jpg

qnccNbA.jpg

P2x1qSH.jpg

wvyN0O5.jpg

QnMjiLB.jpg

uBIy8z5.jpg

FJ9V7vt.jpg

I0YwjLG.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig there! IDK about the drives, I try not to reuse them-every time I do that they're so old they die right after I install them with a new system. I prefer just to copy everything to an external drive and transfer them. Anyway, looks good.

Record the noise. It might be capacitor noise, GPUs have them sometimes. Does it change pitch when the GPU is rendering something?

was indeed the GPU. Went away right when it started heavy rendering. Damn

A lot of times the coil whine on GPUs goes away with heavy rendering or folding or crunching for a while. It reminds me of a break in period, sadly enough. Some claim it's the PSU's fault, some that heavy use fixes the problem. One or the other works though. It's easier to put it under a heavy load for a while and see if the whine goes away.

there is no Soulz is gay sign , no proof that is your rig . -1 fail

About that noise , is it coming from the gpu fan? If so updated drives ect, check the SLI settings for your mother board , turn off the GPU slots you are not using . should be a switch on the MB next to each GPU slot or a cluster for each GPU slots power

Nice rig ,

Last edited:
oops, fixed :p
Don't know exactly where it's coming from. Hasn't come back yet. All I know is when I started using the GPU heavily it went right away. If it comes back I'll do those things, appreciate it. And thanks!
DcCwJKA.jpg

Good Looking rig! I like the SSD slots on the mobo backplate. Haven't seen that before. How are your temps with that Corsair H60?

Get around 26-29 C idle which is good, but ran prime 95 for like 25 minutes yesterday it peaked at about 66, which seems hot to me. Pretty sure the contact is good but can't be certain

those are good temps

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon via Nexus 5.

Love the case. I've had my Define R4 for a couple of years now and it's been great, but that does look smexy if I say so myself. :p

Back