BFBC2 worht it or not!!!

DeathPanx

im thinking of just selling my comouter i cant get a job im broke and i dont think BFBC2 is gonna be great..\

what all ydo you think about BFBC2??? should i just wait it out and buy it or say fck it and just give up gaming??? cause seriously i havent played good game in a while that i get stuck in lol
not that its my life but i can sel this damn expensive ass cmputer and get a cheap o laptop lol..

ashed your opoinions on the BFBC2

sorry to hear you are having hard time. Hope things turn around. As for Bad Company, I love it. Even though it's just a beta and only one map to play, I've enjoyed it. Can't wait till the full verson is out. I'm sure it will be buggie till EA/Dice can get things running good.

It's a nice change of pace; & it is Beta who knows what the final product is going to be. It isn't like past BF games if that is what you are looking for, more like COD. It's not going to be the make it or break it game IMO.

I haven't played it in a few days. I still love 2142 and I'm hoping that the finished product is a lot more polished than the Beta. I have a pretty decent machine and the game is laggy for me. I am looking forward to the additional maps and game modes though.

Waiting for the final product to give a serious answer to this question. Its not bad, but as many have said its a beta and who knows what the final version will be like.

I've been playing BFBC2 Beta and love it. For me at least I have had no lag issues, no ping issues none of that. It is only one map, one game mode and its kept me hooked for weeks now.

In all honesty the BC2 Beta alone has replaced BF2142 for me so thats gotta say something.

Im happy with it so far. As everyone else stated its just the beta so cant really say if its worth it or not yet.

Up in the air with it still in beta but I agree with balls on the change of pace. I still love 2142 but I've had considerable problems with the lag on it. Not to mention we had a real rash of server crashes just before BC2 released. I have found BC2 to play with less lag on my antiquated rig. However, I noted some servers just lag for me all the time out of VA even if ping is showing 47. Sticking with Atlanta I’ve had no issues.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Personally, I am thoroughly hating the beta so far.

Deal-breakers for me (in order of importance):
1. Can't stay in a game longer than 4-5 minutes. It kicks me to the main menu "server connection lost," no matter what I do, after 4-5 minutes of gameplay and then it's stuck in an endless loop "updating stats" so I have to alt+enter and shut it down with the "x," which fortunately works.
2. Extremely poor performance for visuals which don't justify it in my opinion.
3. When you are in the middle of a "crouch" animation, you can't aim down the sights. You have to wait for the "crouch" animation to finish to be able to zoom - keypresses are meanwhile ignored. This is a very big deal for me, because I'm used to sprint, crouch+aim around corners / when shot at, and sprint again. The ignoring of the "zoom" keypress pisses me off considerably.
4. No prone - a disgrace to the battlefield franchise.
5. Somebody stole my name just to be an asshole (and EA support said they can't erase it - I even talked to them about it).

... and I still haven't actually played the game.

At this point, I'm 99% certain I won't be buying this on release day, and perhaps not even later, unless Dice somehow pushes out some "miracle" patches, at least for the disconnection/performance issues. Somehow, I doubt it.

Bottom line is, I think I'd be having a lot more fun playing KF and even 2142 than BC2.

It's kind of sad you have to sell your PC though, I'd keep it for other games. There's plenty of fun to be had out there imo.

I haven't gotten the disconnects for a long while now. I've only heard people on XP get them still. Are you running XP or Windows 7?

I haven't gotten the disconnects for a long while now. I've only heard people on XP get them still. Are you running XP or Windows 7?

No, I'm not retarded if that's what you're asking. It's the client's fault.

And yes, I've tried multiple times over the last week. No matter what server (empty/full one) or what the ping, it happens at roughly 5 minutes into the game.

I should get a stopwatch to see if it's precisely on the second (it certainly feels like it is), but I've been too lazy so far.

With the shitty performance, it's not really playable for me anyway.

Fair enough. I haven't had any performance issues thus far, so no comment there. It has its problems. I hope 90% of the problems will be fixed by the time of release. We'll see.

I know BF3 will come out sooner or later so I wont bother purchasing it. In anyways, when ill stop playing 2142 I think video games are going to be a thing of the past for me. :38Smilie:

Back