BFBC2 Update-Beta news

sixer9682

This news comes from the Battlefield blogs concerning the upcoming PC beta:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...01/07/bfbc2-pc-beta-update-fr-229-n-dice.aspxBFBC2 PC Beta Update från DICE!

• anonymous.gif
    BY: GordonVanDyke
  • POSTED: Jan 07, 2010, 10:33AM
  • COMMENTS: 73 (Login Required to Comment)
As promised here is the PC Blog on the Beta & a few other things, yes some people, places, and things may have leaked a little something, but we are here to clarify everything and make it all official since we can now commit to the listed dates! :)

BETA Details:

<table style="height: 185px;" width="550" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Beta Begins/Ends
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> Jan 28<sup>th</sup>/Feb 25th
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Map Name
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> Port Valdez
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Players
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> 32
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Game Mode
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> Rush
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Environment
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> Snow
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Theme
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> Vehicle and Infantry
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="118" valign="top"> Back Story
</td> <td width="600" valign="top"> The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
How to Download: Check back to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Page closer to beta launch date for download instructions.
How To Get Access: Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way and right now we are still finalizing which Retailers & e-Tailers will participate (it's up to them). If you're eager to ensure you get in confirmed distributors to Pre-Order consumers are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog to update new retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Closed Beta Key.

Misc. Details

Steam Beta: Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :)
Anti Cheat: We're going with PunkBuster supporting the same options BF2 and BF2142 had to run unranked without PunkBuster.
Mod Tools: There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.
Public Server Files: We will not distribute these publicly. There are many factors for why we have decided this with the biggest factor being security & integrity of our game & Dedicated Servers.

God, so many ungrateful fuckers on the EA UK forums.

"No 'private' server files means no LANs! Bye bye competitive gaming" - Where the fuck have they said they WOULD NOT have UNRANKED SERVERS, fucking morons, seriously.

In any case, it's only 20 days away! Feels like Christmas again :D.

I've never pre-ordered a game in my life but I guess I'll have to this time. Either that or be behind on the learning curve.

Soldier, you don't have to give in. Just use FilePlanet. They are bound to have beta access. I will pre-order as well, just so I can help someone who doesn't have the money to pre-order.

I won't preorder, and probably won't get it on release, unless I can find it for some kind of a deal (like the usual Steam 10% off and 4-pack or whatnot).

What can I say, I'm one of those ungrateful fuckers on the EA UK forums.

BTW Fileplanet subscriptions can blow my cock underwater too.

I doubt I'll get the game on steam either, unless they have some integration and the overlay works fine...

In any case, I'll at least get the beta through one of the "alternate" channels (lulz). I'm not even interested in playing it online as much as I'm interested in what the engine feels like and if they didn't shit on the PC conversion.

I won't preorder, and probably won't get it on release, unless I can find it for some kind of a deal (like the usual Steam 10% off and 4-pack or whatnot).

What can I say, I'm one of those ungrateful fuckers on the EA UK forums.

BTW Fileplanet subscriptions can blow my cock underwater too.

I doubt I'll get the game on steam either, unless they have some integration and the overlay works fine...

In any case, I'll at least get the beta through one of the "alternate" channels (lulz). I'm not even interested in playing it online as much as I'm interested in what the engine feels like and if they didn't shit on the PC conversion.

At least try the beta before you jump the bandwagon.. Jesus.

Wow Heat, that post was like a blast of sunshine up my ass. Thank you!

:homer_J:

yea im not gonna preorder either but definitely wanna get in on this beta
keep me up to date with any news about that

if i get jipped out of my beta because i pre ordered early and in store, i'm going to be seriously pissed

Wow, Heat...damn, I am at a loss of words, you suck man! LoL Whats with all the negativity? Running low on meds?! :) :med3d-virus2:

I'm not taking any meds, that's the problem :-D .

But no, really I like to play devil's advocate because it pisses Soulzz off - that's the real reason (lulz).

Just kidding (not entirely).

What I really need to do is start smoking weed... but there's too many drawbacks to that right now.

Heat's a pessimist x 1000. He never gives anything credit, even when it's due.

I preordered the limited eddition, and cannot wait to beta this game. should we submit a request now in order to get a beta key?

<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">PC version of BFBC2 beta gets dated </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" width="70%" align="left" valign="top"> Written by David Stellmack </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="createdate" valign="top"> Monday, 11 January 2010 02:58 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top">
ea.jpg

Will start January 25th and run till February 25th

DICE has announced that the PC beta for Battlefield Bad Company 2 will start on January 25th and run through February 25th. The multi-player beta will contain the map called Part Valdez that will take place in the Alaskan mountains, with the U.S. forces taking on the Russian forces.

While everything has yet to be sorted out on how to get the beta keys necessary to play in the beta, right now the only way to be assured to get in the PC beta is to pre-order BFBC2 from the EA Store or GameStop; as these are the only two retailers that are confirmed right now to be offering beta keys for the PC version with your pre-order. Other retailers will likely be participating as well, and more details on which other retailers will be offering PC beta keys should be announced in the next several days.

Electronic Arts and DICE are looking to make a solid re-entry back into the FPS shooter space with the release of BFBC2 and look to regain some of the traction that the series has lost to competing franchises such as Call of Duty. Early word from the PS3 beta for BFBC2 has been positive, but we believe it is too early to know if BFBC2 can deliver on goal to bring the franchise back to the top once again.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17170/1/
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Back