BF4 tricks thread

OfftheRails

So I thought I'd start this before we all go mental trying to figure stuff out and asking the same questions on Teamspeak 500 times.

Sprint mode
Sprint.jpg
Set this to "Click button" to go back to the lush BF3 method where you only had to hold down one key at a time.

Squad up
Squad.jpg
Yes: Yanks you out of your squad when your bumchum joins the game and tries to keep you together through thick and thin.
No: Behaves sensibly.

FOV
FOV.jpg
Your perfect FOV value depends on your monitor, resolution, screen size, face shape and whether there's an R in the month. Higher values let you see more at one time and make your movement seem faster. Lower values make enemies seem bigger and possibly give you an extra .0000001 FPS

Here's a quick comparison video I threw together:

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VMTW9Xqi-6I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HUD Scale
HUD.jpg
Makes the minimap bigger or smaller. Happy face. Does the same to the other shit on screen. Sad face.

0%:
hud000.jpg

50%:
hud050.jpg

100%
hud100.jpg

Internal Resolution
Rez.jpg

If your hardware isn't up to scratch and you don't mind making the game look like arse, try lowering this. Everything will be fuzzified but your framerate should improve considerably. If you've got three Titans and you genuinely can't tell the difference between 200 and 500 FPS, try increasing it to get a bit more antialiasing.

25%:
rez025.jpg

50%:
rez050.jpg

100%:
rez100.jpg

200%:
rez200.jpg

Any more for any more?

do you want a brazzers sub or something? nice one, thanks

A couple of Battlelog tips as well:

battlelog.jpg

1 - Takes you to your profile for setting your clan tags
2 - Shows your stats history
3 - Battlescreen shows the minimap in the BL window. Lets you have the map on a second screen but may bring your system to its knees.
4 - Closes BF4 remotely

To set your clan tags:
1. Go to your profile page on BL (see image above)
2. Click on "Edit profile":
profile.jpg

3. Click on "Soldiers":
edit.jpg

4. There it is, not hidden in any way whatsoever!
Soldier.jpg

what fov do u guys use when playing in 1080p monitor? ive never messed around with it before.

I don't think the "Squad on joining friends" works; I would recommend not having it on because if the squad is full your fucked until the person your joining on leaves and creates a new squad or someone leaves that squad; if it's full you cannot join another squad or create one; I think this is a bug, HOPEFULLY!!

[video=youtube;HVt17hb9qOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVt17hb9qOA[/video]

Secondary sights, variable zoom sights and so on are all in the same control category as the laser/taclight toggle - default T. The control hint at the bottom of the screen shows you what the button does. Kinda. Sorta. In fact it's a goofy system that has all the consistency of a wet crap in a blender.

For the light/laser and 2x magnifier, the icon is LIT for ON and DULL for OFF:
taclight.jpg

For the variable-zoom sniper scopes, it shows what effect pressing the button will give you:
zoom.jpg

And for the canted ironsights, it has its own little system that appears to have been designed by a different committee, in a different building, from a different company, for a different game:
cant.jpg

My brain hurts.

If you dive underwater, you'll begin to drown after about eleven seconds. You then lose 20HP every 1.6 seconds or so, expiring after a grand total of about 19 seconds

When someone comes up the elevators the doors close. Helpful for when to know enemies might be approaching. I think you guys know that...but a lot don't seem too...

A short video I did trying to explain the ammo regen system

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dEctct8Pruo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Woah, so wait a second, you are saying you can switch from iron sights to mid/close range optics???

cool tips! Thanks for explaining the FOV. 90 seems good for me.

Back