BF4 TBG Second Assault server crashes

Im_all_outa_love

Not sure if you guys are aware of it but your Second Assault server has been crashing lately. It did it twice today. It has been happening for over a month now.

Hey guys, I love the second assault server, but I have been finding myself leaving the game to avoid metro map.
I Know, I don't really have a say, but just my 2 cents, The ever was way better without metro, I'm not sure what other maps
you could have used, but anything with armor on it would have been better than metro :)

Regards
MR. l3luE

Metro is in the 2nd Assault map pack - hence its inclusion.

Like Mac said, we are including it because of it being part of the expansion. However, we will keep an eye on it and make adjustments as needed.

I vote for no Metro too, even though there is no voting thingy deal going on here. Metro wasn't on the rotation until a week or two ago, and I doubt anyone complained. It's out of character with the other 3 outdoor maps. It's a tedious map. Please remove it.

Can I get a tee shirt or a hat or something for being the #1 player?
http://www.tbgclan.com/members/mex_cuz_i_can.7277/
Anyway, MEX_cuz_I_CAN and Mr_l3luE are both top 5 on that server and feel the same way.

Thanks for reading

And Mr_l3luE, stop killing me so much, you jerk.

Hey guys, I love the second assault server, but I have been finding myself leaving the game to avoid metro map.
I Know, I don't really have a say, but just my 2 cents

I too liked the server more when Metro wasn't in the map rotation. I also tend to leave before Metro comes on. I know a select few asking for Metro to be removed isn't enough, which is why I have saved server loads showing how Metro tends to depopulate the server. Some of the times overlap because I wanted to show more of the given day, but the dates and times are shown in a light font (sorry, that's just the way they were saved).

Of course the Second Assault server repopulates, but considering there is already a TBG Metro/Locker server people can go to, please take that into consideration along with the depopulation of the server due to Metro.

Thank you for your time!

LeZyxy0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mex

Not disagreeing with you that metro is a different style of play.

I understand that some player dont like the idea but the server popularity however has slightly improved. Im not rank guy but it gives you an indication the health of that server. The graph that you showed "mostly" saw a decrease just before the previous map ended. The loss of players wasnt drastic at all. In fact in most cases the number of players increased just before metro map ended.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.125.143:25200/

Check the rank history at the bottom right. Since it was readded last week it has climbed a bit

We did have some admins here that do prefer seeing metro part of that rotation.

Having said that metro only plays one round and I will closely monitor the activity for that server. If we see it struggling we can always eliminate it. I think it brings some variety to the server so let's run with it for now see what happens.

Last edited:
Not to overlook the fact that sometimes it is nice to just get killed by a grenade instead of always being pounded by helos,jets, LAVs and tanks!

"In fact in most cases the number of players increased just before metro map ended."

This is because players are rejoining the server as metro is ending, so they can play the next map.

"In fact in most cases the number of players increased just before metro map ended."

This is because players are rejoining the server as metro is ending, so they can play the next map.

While that is possible it is highly unlikely because our server get filled back half way through metro. These are simply players leaving and joining the server. Just like any other map. Every map change you have players leaving and joining. So what about the other maps that see a decrease in player count?

We have seen certain maps kill the server overnight in bf3 and bf4. In this case it would be wise to remove them but we have yet to see metro have a strong negative affect. I pointed it out that the server popularity has actually increased overall (if you look at that graph I provided).

I understand you dont like metro but our paying admins do like this map and I'm sure there are regulars who enjoy as well.

My question to you is what about those who want it there? And again no sign that the server is dying off due to this map that plays 1 round.

While that is possible it is highly unlikely because our server get filled back half way through metro. These are simply players leaving and joining the server. Just like any other map. Every map change you have players leaving and joining. So what about the other maps that see a decrease in player count?

We have seen certain maps kill the server overnight in bf3 and bf4. In this case it would be wise to remove them but we have yet to see metro have a strong negative affect. I pointed it out that the server popularity has actually increased overall (if you look at that graph I provided).

I understand you dont like metro but our paying admins do like this map and I'm sure there are regulars who enjoy as well.

My question to you is what about those who want it there? And again no sign that the server is dying off due to this map that plays 1 round.

I never see an admin on that server unless they are there to investigate a complaint against a player breaking the rules. According to MEX_cuz_I_CAN there is a dedicated Metro/Locker server, so it's not like those maps aren't otherwise available on TBG servers.

Obviously someone added it because they wanted it there, and a few non TBG people complaining doesn't amount to much. I just wanted to throw in my opinion.

Your scary bunny puppet attack gif is great, by the way.

Ya I rarely see TBG members in the Second Assault server, you should come more often! The people who do like Metro comment explosives should be limited or not allowed. I too like your .gif FAST

I don't have any thing constructive to add, but I wanted to thank you guys for being such classy guests. We do appreciate you and we are listening. Cheers!

Sent by Tapatalk carrier pigeon via Nexus 5.

I want to play on this server a bit more; however I won't have any real play time until like next Wednesday. We hear your Plight Mex and Pugent. Doc said it best though. It's great to see regulars that care, and that come in without an attitude filled with profanity and poor grammar.

This server has gone through 3 things today. I'm pretty sure one was a server restart but I think it crashed two separate times; one of them being about 5 minutes ago. Just a heads up.

SgmOFwO

http://imgur.com/SgmOFwO

Last edited:
If the back end that holds everyone's server (called blaze) is acting up then it will crash servers sporadically.

Back