BF4 server restart timing

xBOCKx

Hello,

I play on one of your BF4 servers pretty frequently. It just seems silly to me to do your daily server restart at 3:00 pm central time. Why not do it at a time when the server isn't populated? It's almost always got ~50+ players on around that time.

Thanks for your input. Our logic behind this restart time is, if we restart it just before prime time (while its full) it fills back up almost immediately. However, should we restart it when it is lowest population, players may not come back; and it sits dead for a while.

Again, thanks for your input and hope you can see our reasoning for restart times.

In addition, server needs to be restarted twice a day anyway for optimal performance. All servers are set to restart if and when the server is empty but another one during the day ensures best performance. Bf4 eats away memory after 12 hours of uptime

I don't know much about server options but is there way to have the server start after the round that ends closest to the time it's supposed to restart? Say round ends around 3:45 EST it would reset then instead of at 4. My biggest frustration is losing the stats of that round before it restarts. Sometimes a round will start at 3:25-3:30ish and everyone will play all round then lose all the stats because of the restart at 4. Wish there was a way of changing that.

I don't know much about server options but is there way to have the server start after the round that ends closest to the time it's supposed to restart? Say round ends around 3:45 EST it would reset then instead of at 4. My biggest frustration is losing the stats of that round before it restarts. Sometimes a round will start at 3:25-3:30ish and everyone will play all round then lose all the stats because of the restart at 4. Wish there was a way of changing that.

Not possible, I'm not using a plugin for this. This is on an option with Box's OS system. I can always dig around and see what I can find.

I would hope that if an Admin is online near the 'restart' time that they could force the round to end early to allow people stats to be saved. I know I would appreciate that.

when we are on and know its about to happen we give the warning that it is gonna happen and recommend ppl surrender. mosst of us work during this reset but if happen to be in do let it be known

I would hope that if an Admin is online near the 'restart' time that they could force the round to end early to allow people stats to be saved. I know I would appreciate that.

That would piss people off. They will claim admin abuse, WTF admin, server so gay i'm out. I've personally been in situations where I had to end rounds in BF3 because of black screens and they would flip out. So I rather not.

Back