BF4 mic issue/squad chat

TheMFButton

I can't seem to find information out there on how to channel squad chat to the main channel when the mic is plugged in. It may have something to do with the mic that I'm using, since it's a studio mic and has a headphone jack built into it. I suspect that the game thinks it's a headset.

When it's unplugged, I can hear squad chat through my speakers, as normal. When I plug my mic in, it's functional; my squad can hear me when I use it, but I cannot hear my squad anymore. Any ideas?

Mic is RODE NT-USB

Thanks

Make sure that the mic you are using is set as the system default communication device.
And then set your headphones or whatever to your default output device.

Last edited:
Is it USB? I had a similar problem with a USB headset. It HAD to be plugged in before I launched any apps or games before I opened those, or I would get dual sound/mic like that. Usually when I plug it in and turn it on, my PC automagically switches both mic and speaker input to the device, but like SRQEA said, check that too.

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried all of those things. Windows actually won't let me disable the mic as an audio output device so I think everything else is moot. Though I don't think it affects anything, it's worth mentioning that I am using an external USB audio interface (Behringer UMC404HD) for everything else audio related. Maybe the next thing I'll try is a mic that uses one of the inputs on my interface or a USB mic that doesn't have any audio output built in.

Back