BF4 Infantry only server

pinchylillobster

So it seems like the infantry server is on its last legs, usually pretty empty at all times or the few people trying to seed give up after a couple rounds. Could you perhaps try swapping it back to 24/7 Pearl Market and see if that breaths some life back into it? I hate that my favorite server is dying :(

lol I don't mind large maps. I just can't stand the massive imbalance that vehicles bring to the table, particularly when all the vehicle whores are on the same team. No fun to be had. At least on infantry only even the best players can be killed by literally anything in the game :p

I’ll monitor it this weekend and see how it goes
Perhaps you guys should consider to speed up the wait for the next round, I see a lot players leaving the server when they need to wait so long for the next round, when there are 30 players, half the players leave.

You guys should consider to make it faster, because as soon as some players see others leaving, they leave as well.

Like, it's possible to add a little script to detect how many players are online and based on that number, speed up the load for the next map, something like:

if total_players > 51 then do nothing
if total_players < 52 then loadnext map in 15 seconds
if total_players < 40 then loadnext map in 10 seconds
if total_players < 20 then loadnext map in 5 seconds
(** The "code" above is not real scripting, it's just an example of how the logic would work. **)

by doing this,the players don't have to wait too much to play the next round, this works very well when there are just a few players, since most leave at the end of the round.

Edit: A real code on insanelimit plugin with the event "on round end" would look like this:
Perl:
if (server.PlayerCount > 1) {  // auto run nextmap
    plugin.ConsoleWrite("^b Round over: Skipping delay count for the next round.");
    if (server.RemainTickets(1) != server.RemainTickets(2)) {
        if (server.PlayerCount > 1 && server.PlayerCount <= 4) {
            Thread.Sleep(2*1000); // 2 seconds
            plugin.ServerCommand("procon.protected.send", "mapList.runNextRound");
        }
        if (server.PlayerCount > 4 && server.PlayerCount <= 40) {
            Thread.Sleep(16*1000); // 16 seconds
        }
    }
    if (server.PlayerCount > 40 && server.PlayerCount <= 50) {
        Thread.Sleep(18*1000); // 18 seconds
    }
    if (server.PlayerCount > 50 && server.PlayerCount <= 60) {
        Thread.Sleep(20*1000); // 20 seconds
    }
    if (server.PlayerCount > 60) {
        Thread.Sleep(30*1000); // 30 seconds