BF3/BF4 Server - Rules

militarydan81

Afternoon folks,

I think its fair to say I've put in the most "game time" on the BF3/BF4 server but can also say I'm somewhat confused on a specific rule just because I've heard a little bit of back and forth ---- keep in mind in no way am I trying to find some gray area or make this harder then it has to be (I'm no Angel either) but this rule:

"Do not attack from or into uncaps. Push out"... Yes, this is straight forward... BUT......

There is no possible way to enforce guys from shooting out from spawn. It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 5 flags in their possession - there is always a shithead sniper or the AA doing it. Hell... they come out of spawn, fire, run back into spawn and run their mouth about spawn killing if you pursue them. If the response to this is to record and report on the forum well.... by god you are going to have quite a few hands to slap (again.. I'm no Angel and it makes me want to kill them .... more when they do this..).

Then the "What if we have all flags capped and have them pushed back into their main spawn?" How is this going to play out? Is this where we get big hearts and all come together as a superior team and say "Lets give them some flags back"..... hell no... we are destroyers... killers. (joke.. sorta). Get in a jet taxi and go somewhere is what i say.... but you may need a squad to help you do it. You've got guys that have been playing on this server for many years - you are bound to have squads that typically play together because of this... shit is going to get one sided sometimes...

If only there was something built in or added in that would prevent/coerce users to NOT come back into the primary spawn area after leaving it and then a magical, invisible shield around the primary spawn area that prevents bullets/missiles from entering/leaving but...... noooo... (no sarcasm intended...)...

rules.jpg

That's all i got on this topic i think..

-Dan

under stood, true always someone in deployment snipe n or aa n

Once a player leaves uncap, or attacks from within, they are fair game until they are killed. They don't get to run back to safety and expect to be protected by administrative action (they also shouldn't sit in uncap and continue to attack you). That's why we like baserape reports that include the time from spawn screen so we can be sure it actually was baserape.

We try to be quick to respond to reports, so I encourage you to keep using this feature =]

"Once a player leaves uncap, or attacks from within, they are fair game until they are killed."

Can that be added to the "!Rules" in-game to alleviate any confusion...

I can't stand the guys who take the damn AA and sit in the spawn while the fucking a-10 rains down hellfire at free will. I try to do my best at admining while in there, but I only play on Sundays and it gets tiring killing and kicking the dumbasses. @Matt-aka-FAST I think it'll help a little adding in that other phrase. And @militarydan81 try to post as much video as you can, we really do get these fuckers pretty quick.

Post in hardcore server too.. also !rules dont work on hardcore server

I now have "Do not attack from or into uncaps unless no flags. Push out" running when type !rules

There is also an automated server message that says that every 5 mins

arrrg... this is what I see and feel free to smack some sense into me in regards to users shooting out of the spawn.

"Once a player leaves uncap, or attacks from within, they are fair game until they are killed." < - This tells me I can kill you in the uncap if you are shooting out... and I'm not breaking any rules.

"Do not attack from or into uncaps unless no flags. Push out" " <-- This tells me I can only attack the uncap if you have no flags however if you do have a flag and are shooting out from spawn than I need to report to an admin/submit video footage etc for breaking the rules.

Again - not intentionally trying to be a pain in the ass...You guys have been dropping the hammer on guys lately in regards to rules - some probably needed it because they have a mouth on them but... I don't need it and just want things clear... :)

The other part of me feels like...... I have enjoyed the influx of new steam users to the server - they are great cannon fodder but I don't see myself reporting anyone for shooting out just because I like the influx of numbers on the server and I don't want the numbers to drop again.... it was cold for awhile there. We gotta ride this out till the next BF comes out with BF2/BF3 maps to continue the saga....

I think we could take out the first rule in general and just keep the second since more or less it covers what we want.

I am not sure how it is expected to admin when they have no more flags. That is messy and impossible. Ideally a !surrender option will solve that. I am still looking for a workable code for this

My two cents " Camping in the uncap and using any player kit item or firing from a vehicle is not allowed"

Back