BF3 Beta - Is this some kind of joke?

If anybody doesn't like BC2, don't play the damn thing. Yes, it's a different game and some aspects appeal to some more than others. That doesn't mean one game is better than the other or one game sucks, etc. that's just a personal preference.

I think the simple fact that it is a different game, has different characteristics, handling, etc. gets lost on most players. What I hear more frequently is a comparison to 2142 or BF2 but guess what, this is not either of those games.

I know it sounds stupid, and it is, but a lot of players can't get over the simple fact that they have to learn how to play a new game, even if the basics are the same as other BF titles.

The same thing happened when 2142 came out. Some players never progressed past BF2 because it felt different, played differently and I see it here again. Some 2142 players just won't make the transition and that's fine too.

Play what you like but keep in mind you can't really compare any of these titles because they are all unique in their own ways. I'm sure BF3 will have new features that we either love or hate too but you can bet your ass it'll be different.

To me, it has nothing to do with being a different game. It is the fact that it just isn't the same quality that 2142 was. As I said to Heat, no one should have to grow or get used to a game; you either like it or you don't. BF2 and 2142 I liked right off the bat. I liked BC2 originally, but it just kept getting worse. The big patch a few weeks ago saved some of it, but certainly did not save all of it for me.

I know you guys are avid BF fans, and I hope BF3 is good. That being said, we still need to find other games :).

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't had to have any of the BF games grow on me. They all take a little getting used to because the style of play is different throughout the series.

Finding other games is all well and good, but so far nothing else even comes close to wiping any of the BF games' ass with wet toilet paper yet and until something comes along that does I'll stick with the BF series.

And that's fine. I'm coming from the administrative standpoint, which is a bit different:

- Is this game easy to admin?
- Will there be public dedicated server files?
- Does it have anti-cheat?
- Do the servers crash a lot?
- Is there a console (press ~)

My point is, most of you don't have time to care about these features. Hell, most gamers don't care because they just want to play. That's why I support Indie developers, and why I pre-ordered Natural Selection 2. The game is in alpha, but they already have 3 important features, in alpha nonetheless! Dedicated servers, mod tools, and a map editor.

BC2 has regenerating health, no health indicators, other then the intensity of the blood on your screen, amongst other things.

I can speculate all I want about BF3, but it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been released. My expectations are low, so we'll see.

Back