BF2 issue!

Ss750rdr

Ok, BF2 is loaded and patched. I can play several rounds no problems. However, if i load up vent BF2 freezes, sort of like a sound loop or something of that nature. Any ideas.

Did you turn off User Account Control in Vista?

Yeah, that fixed it for 2142, but BF2 is a whole new issue. BTW, Vent works fine, just when I play BF2 and have it on BF2 freezes up.

Did you try running BF2 as an Administrator? Compatibility mode for Vista SP1?

Yeah, I tried that also, But after a bit of research i discovered my audio drivers were way outdated on my new rig. I updated to the most current, played a few rounds with vent on, and all seems well.

Well, it seems the 1.5 patch did not install for me-even though it said it did. Anyway, I installed BF2 SF and then reinstalled the 1.5 since the SF disc I have reverts to patch 1.01.

So, this time it says, again, that the patch installed for 1.5 but now when I start BF2 the monitor goes blank for a few seconds and kicks me back to the desktop. WTF?

I thought it might be a driver issue with my gpu, but after uninstalling that and then reinstalling the video driver I get the same thing and can't play BF2 now. Any ideas?

It figures, nothing is ever simple with BF2. I had to uninstall the fucking game, reinstall it, install patch 1.41 and then 1.5 before it worked. Now I remember why I hate Dice and EA so much.

Ss, try starting vent first then start BF2. This happens to me with 2142. If I alt tab to desktop with 2142 and vent running, my computer locksup.

Oh, forgot to mention. If you have Anti-Aliasing enabled for BF2, as of the new patch, you can't alt+tab. Make sure you have AA disabled.

Back