BF2/BF3 Maps Server Rules need to be more clear.

lll-RaZe-lll

Not sure if this is a new rule, or something that just started to be enforced, but - got admin killed for this earlier, and when you type !rules, here's all that comes up. How is one to know that it's against the rules to return to the uncap once you leave it?? Obviously there's a rule about camping vehicles, but this was in the process of running back to spawn after losing ECM.

1.png
2.png

@TruFreelancer since there is a rule no shooting into or out of spawn, the attack chopper cannot return to safety in spawn, and you were warned with a yell message in the middle of the screen before action was taken.

No message came up on my screen, but when did I shoot into or out of spawn? I shot, then returned to spawn. Either way though, the rules should be updated if that's a rule. Had absolutely no idea that was punishable

A @YELL MESSAGE CANNOT BE TUNED OFF, most serious helicopter pilots don't return to spawn to hide after every run, they stay out on the map getting kills,

RAZE.png

I don’t think the argument is for or against returning to uncap. it’s just the rule needs to be clarified on the server message to avoid issues like this

We can certainly add that to the scrolling messages.

But yes. We have a rule that once you fire out or move out of the uncap you cannot return to it to hide or repair. It is not a safe zone for you. This was discussed when we made the big decision that players are no longer allowed to fire from the uncaps.

You must enter the battlefield and stay in it. Period.

Just to clarify, Altered - the intent of this post was to say there should be an update to the server rules stating it is against the rules to reenter the uncap once you leave. The only rule pertaining to this states you cannot camp in the uncap, however we did not do that, we simply ran to the uncap once we were out of ECM, and left the uncap again once it replenished. I was unaware it was against the rules to return to the uncap based on the !rules.

Raze unknown to you this has been brought up internally on several occasions. I am following guidance from head admins and those in leadership on this issue.

Absolutely, and there's no argument on following server rules here. I'm just asking for an update to the server rules when you type the !rules command so people can know in the future it *is*, in fact, against the rules. That's all :)

Back