BF: Bad Comapany 2 Acheivements challenge revealed and Min and Max requirements added

Rocinante

[link]http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/achievements-challenge[/link]
Seriously? you can kill someone with an repair tool? LOL
Brings muggings to whole new level in game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Soulzz, I know you dream of two of those drillbits up your ass at the same time.

fuck i might have to upgrade.

core 2 duo e6600 2.4 ghz
2 gigs of ram
256 MB 7900 GS (nvidia)
win XP Media center edition 32 bit

cpu should be okay but the ram and vid grrrrrrrrrrrr.....soulzz!!! give me your vid card when you are getting a new one :)

just make sure nothing sticky on it, K?? THANKS!

Aww shit. You know nothing of his is will ever make it to you clean. I bet he sprays that shit around like a sprinkler nozzle just for the hell of it. lolz

On a side note, I've thought for years that you should be able to use the wrench as a weapon. Hell, engineers get no pistol, why not a big ass wrench to bash in some brains?

Yeah not to mention in real life some of the tools used can be very deadly in the wrong/right hands..lol

[quote1259851251=sixer9682]
Aww shit. You know nothing of his is will ever make it to you clean. I bet he sprays that shit around like a sprinkler nozzle just for the hell of it. lolz

On a side note, I've thought for years that you should be able to use the wrench as a weapon. Hell, engineers get no pistol, why not a big ass wrench to bash in some brains?
[/quote1259851251]

I've always thought the same thing.
Does anyone know if these games will be multicore aware? Just curious :)

Multicore? as using a quad-core? IF = so , then yes. It's actually on the recommended side that a Quad is used.

[quote1259860172=RC_Rigdon]
Multicore? as using a quad-core? IF = so , then yes. It's actually on the recommended side that a Quad is used.
[/quote1259860172]
Yeah, I saw that. But you know how some games say "Quad Core Compatible" or whatever, but you actually have to set the affinity for each processor? I'm talking out of the box multi-thread capable, as in the engine actually takes advantage of quads. If so, that game should run smoootttthhhhh.

I have yet to see a game engine truly take advantage of multicore really, really well. I mean, from what I understand nowadays they separate things like physics/audio processing on other cores or something, while the main game "thread" is only on one core and not divisible.

I'm not really up to speed on multithreaded game engines and how they work in detail, but from what I understand it will take a whole new "generation" of game engines to truly enable true scaling over a large amount of cores.

The new Intel 48-core experimental processor that they're distributing sounds like exactly what they're trying to do - get developers excited/working on really, really large amount of cores (which is the future imo).

GTX 260 ~ 4970 I think, so if you have 4970 and above you'll be fine.

Then again, all this hugely depends on the resolution, AA level and FPS that you prefer, so this "recommended requirements" bullshit means nothing really.

Back