Battlefield V Delayed 1 month.

amarua

Well lets hope they use the time wisely and they come to their senses and add Dragon Valley to the map rotation or at the least release server rental info. LOL. :)

Well....looks like some people I asked to not pre-order BF V listened. According to a report and an anonymous source (FAKE NEWS. I know!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ ANYMORE I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT I SEE ON TV and what the people on the television and small screens tell me to believe) from CNBC an analyst said pre-orders for BFV were 80% behind COD's newest installment. EA shares fell 1 half of a percent lol. Luckily i dont have any EA shares in my 401 k plan. I woulda lost money BIG TIME! :p

Marketing for sure. The more I see of this, the less I like it.

Here's what Battlefield has become and has been for at least 3 generations.

1. hide anywhere possible
2. throw grenades whenever possible
3. as a last resort move to objectives and shoot enemy...if you're not too busy hiding and throwing grenades.

Most know my thoughts. BF progressively went down hill in my opinion, especially with community engagement.

Played the Beta for a couple of rounds of conquest tonight. Yeah, the maps are rotten with camping spots...EA what can I say. But, the in game movement is much more fluid now and it plays like a BF game meaning good shoot outs. I still love they took away the random bullet deviation. Now it's you hit what you aim at, thank god. Makes it easy to mow fuckers down lol. Anyway, the vehicles respond nicely and the graphics are seriously polished compared to the "alpha". The colors pop, everything is very sharp and detailed (then again I play on a 4k monitor and wow are these maps rich in detail).

FPS is better than the "alpha" and it just feels much improved. The planes no longer fly like bricks and knifing someone is actually fun again :) No more stupid animations. All in all, I had fun playing for the short bit I did.

I played for about 20 min last night and really enjoyed it. Like @sixer9682 said really fluid and the shot placement is perfect. I felt like I was running around in BF3 again because it felt right.
I'll be on tonight to play and will try to jump on discord.

Now can we just get some good close quarters maps? :)

I was gonna say, maybe they can delay it forever :) But man, if these last couple of posts are spot on, I'll buy it, even if it does have cyborgs.

Played more tonight and it's fun...gotta admit I wasn't expecting that. There are some things that transfer over from other BF series too, which is nice. Anti tank mines-shoot them or detonate them with a grenade and they go BOOOM...no more tank. Takes 2 mines.

All in all, I"m actually looking forward to the release. Hopefully, the other maps won't disappoint, but there's a lot more depth to the weapon upgrades per weapon, not just class which is nice to see. IDK how much it will affect gameplay, but I like the options like in BF4...reduced penalty for hip fire LMGs at a certain rank and level with each weapon. etc.

I keep playing with the graphic settings and so far with everything on ultra except the AA-low (which I never use if possible) I'm averaging 90fps in 4k with a 1080TI gpu. If this holds true, thee should be zero problems for anybody playing BF4 to move over to BFV without upgrading.

I love this game already and I just played for one day. Let's hope this stays in the same concept until release. Like @sixer9682 would say (you hit what you aim at) witch is a beautiful thing! It's actually fun game again even in the very first moment of the game when you are supposed to learn and be bad. It's like 95% of the bad/fake stuff on BF1 is gone here + they did listen to most of our comments already. Let's just hope this thing have decent renting server capability and we are in business for a little while here I beleive...

The biggest grip I have is the weapon upgrade system and the limitations of it. Its not smooth and having to go back to the main menu to unlock things is silly.

Back