Battlefield 3 Producer Dissects The FPS Genre

More useless BF3 data:
http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-specs-%E2%80%93-known-facts-so-far/

Battlefield 3 Specs – known facts (so far)
2.jpg

February 5th, 2011 at 6:14 pm - PC Gamers the world over had a collective erection when the Battlefield 3 trailer first hit . Having fragged their way through the Bad Company series and 1943, Battlefield 3 was quickly becoming vapourware, more so than a bonafide up-coming episode in DICE’s long-running series.
Now, more details are emerging as a hungry public presses in for more details. Console players may wish to take deep breaths at this point, due to system limitations you’ll be restricted to 24 players while PC players enjoy the full 64 player experience.
Here’s the official spin…
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.
This is the most current Battlefield 3 specification list. Most of the things listed are confirmed by DICE/EA and/or come from reputable sources. Please continue checking back as BF3Nation will update this page daily
Battlefield 3 is set to be officially announced at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, California on March 1st, 2011.

Battlefield 3 Specs:

Release date: Autumn 2011 (solid date TBA)
Beta: July 2011
Platforms: Battlefield 3 will be available for PC, xBox 360 & Playstation 3. No plans for the Nintendo Wii.
Operating systems: Windows 7 / Vista only. WinXP, Mac OS & Linux are NOT supported.
Single player mode included on all systems.
Minimum/Recommended Hardware
(TBA)
Mulitplayer support:

Playstation 3 – 24 players.
Xbox 360 – 24 players.
PC Version – 64 players.
Wii Version – 0 players. (see: Battlefield 3 for Wii)
Battlefield 3 Maps (Mostly urban. Much isn’t known yet, but this is what we got so far)

Paris
Tehran
New York
Factions

USMC
EU
Russian
MEC
Battlefield 3 Gameplay:

Real life weather.
Day/Night
Vehicle warfare (including sea battles)
16 types of jets and 8 helicopters.
Prone position will be included.
New feature: drag fallen teammates to saftey. (I particularly can’t wait for this one. Just watch pesky teammates dump people off the ship or a tall building, lol’s anyone?)
Battlefield 3 Extras:

Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy will be announced at GDC 2011 which will include the popular Battlefield 2 map, Strike at Karkand.
Please continue checking this article for updates or check out our Battlefield 3 Wiki (give us some time as the page is outdated) page for more information. To get the latest information join our facebook fanpage to get up to the minute news.

Wow, my connection at worked lagged the fuck out and we got a double post. Could one of the HA delete one of these? Thanks.

16 types of jets and 8 helicopters. Nice.

I just hope they allow players to actually use them instead of bots or some other dumb thing. I also would be interested in hearing about the other maps. The city maps are good for infantry, but not vehicles. All the maps listed are cities.

Yeah Bob I agree. This little blurb didn't excite me too much:

Battlefield 3 Maps (Mostly urban. Much isn’t known yet, but this is what we got so far)

Is BF3Nation accurate? I thought that was the site giving speculations about BF3 a year ago.

Who cares, it's all speculation at this point. That's why I stated "more useless BF3 data" when I put up the post.

Ah, gotcha.

Likewise, don't believe anything until it is in the trailers, or until they start giving us straight talk.

Back