Barn Find: 1963 Corvette Stingray Split Window found on Google StreetView

ErikStenger

This is no way to treat a 1963 Corvette split-window coupe. Found in Washington by one of Google StreetView's drones, there's actually no barn to this barn find, just a car left sitting in the gray mist that folks in the Pacific Northwest call "weather."

This Corvette had a 12-year shelf life, and then according to the owner, it's "been veggin' on the spot since '75." If you are interested, it's one of the fuel injected models and comes with an extra engine and other parts. Of course, if it's been sitting there for 34 years, it could fall to pieces when you try to move it... and you'll probably find more than a few dead (or perturbed) animals lurking thereabouts. But that wouldn't stop you, would it?
63corvette1-450x312.jpg

63-corvette-2-450x334.jpg

022409_1b.jpg

I'm more of a mustang guy than corvette...but thats just a shame...the guy probably wants both an arm and a leg for it

my backyard backs onto a guys who has an old firebird or something i would love to ressurect.

For fucks sake what is wrong with Americans' car tastes? MUSTANGS!?!? Are we talking about the same overweight, hideous, cornering impaired hulks? Or did Ford magically come out with something called a Mustang that could actually drive like a proper car?

I'm talking classic mustang...like the 1969 Mustang Mach 1 I had until recently...those are the REAL mustangs

I've owned 2 stangs; 92' LX 5.0 droptop & 01' Bullitt. The Bullitt was by far my fav; mod sup. and a hell of engine. Buried 155mph many of times w/ 4 passagners. I've been thinking about the Shelby's; last time I checked a average person could a afford one; unlike the Vettes that run upwards of 40g's. Plus, the aftermarket parts are so available that could put a vette to shame.

The Shelby's run 45k and up I believe. For that price you can get way better value for money with a friggen Evo. If you want a lunatic car like the Shelby you can get an even crazier CLK550 for slightly more. If you want a better car while still in the same price range as a reasonably equipped Shelby, get a Lotus Exige S 240, Porsche Boxster S or an Audi RS4. The Mustang has the power, no doubt, but it lacks the qualities (ie. handling and grip) that make the Evo, Exige, Boxster and RS4 much better cars.

I'd classify the Mustang as just another big, front engined muscle car. They traditionally are plagued with numb steering and terrible weight distribution. Sure, they can go in a straight line quickly, but put them on an actual road and they go to shit.

If I had the $$$ and wanted a car purely for leisure and fun for under 100k, I'm pretty sure I'd buy a Caterham 7 (CSR/fastest package) in a heartbeat. Muscle/old muscle cars aren't really my thing... but a lot of people in the US like them quite a bit.

If I were to choose one, I'd go for the shelby though... just because it's been so pimped in movies and US culture it seems like...

The Caterham is an awesome car, but I'd probably go with an Ariel Atom if I wanted a flyweight.

that vette is worth a shit load of money and would be worth all the cost to restore it!!

Ariel Atom designer he said, "Fuck it Im done. I don't care if it half-done." I like the car anyways. Compare the orginal even 2nd gen mustang and camaro to todays. They have gotten heavier over the years.

The price of a new Shelby.
Mustang Shelby GT: $36,970
Mustang GT500: $46,325
Mustang GT500KR: $79,995

Shelby Terlingua package add $7,995. Buys you handling and braking upgrades as well as a supercharger that helps the V6 churn out 375.
2007_terlingua_19.jpg

2007_terlingua_4.jpg

Back