banned?

mmast

name: Minmaster
not sure if i'm banned but i keep getting kicked by PB on TBG servers. can someone look into this? thnx.

Have you updated PB recently? If not go to www.evenbalace.com and update it from there. PnkBstrB.exe is probally not starting after you get the game going. Use PBSVC to reinstall PB.

yea it's been updated, and it's only TBG servers i get kicked from so i'm guessing i'm blacklisted for some reason.

could you look at the list to see if i'm on it and let me know why?

no clan tags, my current ip is 98.112.168.16.

just to make sure i updated PB again and tried, and was kicked out of all TBG servers. i had no problem joining other servers during the same session.

I didn't see your name in the ban list, your ip might fall in one of our region bans to keep server crashers out, someone will check on that shortly. Any chance of getting me your hash so I can tell if you were accidentally hash banned?

how do i get the hash? i don't know what that is.

btw, what are server crashers? people from certain region can crash servers? weird...

Your IP was on a banmask. I have lengthened it to 3 subnets instead of 2. As I don't want to risk a server crashing because I logged into 2142cc, wait until a map change for any of the servers. Give it about 80 minutes and you should be able to get back in :).

There are malicious people out there who know glitches in the game that crashes the server. Through a lot of effort we have accumulated many of their ip's and have been able to ban their ip regions so they can't get back in the servers.

ah..ok. i kinda get it.

i see servers crash a lot, so these are usually caused by these server crashers? i didn't know that.

People from your region were crashing our servers. The problem with a region ban is it affects everyone in that region. With the popularity of people changing IP address's, it makes it even more annoying to ban a certain IP. It was intentional to ban the server crashers, however, that comes with banning about 65,000 possible IP's in the process. It is annoying for the player and the admin.

For example, a subset of an IP could be XX.XX.XX, XX.XX, or XX. with XX. being the most extreme version of a region ban.

XX.XX.XX.XX is the full IP. In most every case, all we have to do is ban the full IP. When the people were crashing our server, we had to ban part of it, which isn't very fun to do, especially since it could potentially prevent people from joining our servers.

I hope that explains it well :).

Back