Balancing Suggestions

Jogey

Yes yes, I'm sure I'll get flak and what-not, but these are some things that I think would generally improve people's play experience on this server at least and maybe some others as well.

A lot of people complain about the autobalance not balancing correctly; from what I've understood it seems to be population and not skill based. On that note, I play this server: |TBG|- ALL BF4 RUSH MAPS | TBGCLAN.COM | GAMEME STATS all the time. Just enough tickets, good amount of players. The only thing that a lot of people complain about is "team-Stacking." Which happens about 90% of the time I play there (and it's the only server I play). Now we can't completely eliminate that ever otherwise by disabling the "team-switch" function, but I don't see that happening.

Every time I seem to play, a player (unnamed but a lot of us see him there frequently) and his squad I assume, are always on the same side: no big deal there. The problem is that they are very good at teamwork. This leads to the other team switching over to be with the good players and hence stacking the team etc.. (From my own deduction: I'm sure there also other reasons).

A solution, possibly, would be to initiate a team-scramble function at the beginning of a new map rotation (after 10 maps have played and it restarts, etc.). That may seem to overdo it, a lot of people play in squads with their friends. Another possible way would be to to a squad scramble, that way squads could at least stick together. This also let's a team full of "not-so-good" players to have a chance to play with others that know what they are doing and to improve themselves through observation on their side of the fire instead of the receiving end. At best, it would only eliminate the stacking for a few rounds before the rotation starts anew or until population dwindles.

On a side note, the starts of rounds are always one sided: essentially the fastest connections are in first and sometimes the first point is gone without have of either team in play (sometimes a 1 to 3 ratio). Most people that load in with slower connections are already spawning for the second Rush objective. Not the server's fault at all, but it puts teams at a great disadvantage especially when the first round of a map loads the longest. I think that if a scramble doesn't trip triggers, then if you could implement a possible 10-20s (so long I know ;)) "ready-time" before a match, it would greatly increase the amount of "fair" matches, with the exception of the head-on-a-swivel players.

I do like winning, but when it's a piece of cake it's boring. And I do enjoy losing (long as it's fair), but it's frustrating when it is game after game because of small things that could even it out. In an analogy to football: Games where one team is steamrolling the other is hardly exciting, but when two teams are fighting with even strength and are damn near equal: that's where the real excitement and adrenal begin.

TL;DR: Team/Squad Scramble at new map rotation, or a 10-20s dull-period for most people to load in at the start of the match. Thank you for your consideration, I really enjoy the server regardless!

http://www.tbgclan.com/threads/just-got-done.28104/

Already replied to.

We cannot rip the teams apart as our servers are meant for teamplay, not mindless grinding (yes, even lockers). The core of players that frequent our servers are here because they can play together with their clan without them getting molested by the admins for "being good together".

Also, whenever at least 5 TBG guys play together, we either get comments such as "Fucking noob stackers" (upon win) and "Lol fail stackers" (loss).

Join a group of gamers, start your own, get your friends on the game, anything, don't play bf4 alone, experience the magic of having someone scream in TS after you SUAV them from the other team.

Very valid points all around. I'm not too worried about, just tryin to quelch all the other guys lol. Could there be a disclaimer maybe about the auto-balance? How it works etc.. Lots of "balance my butt" comments but then again, context works. Thank you for the response though, it reaffirms notions that admins are listening ;). I agree with not ripping teams apart as well. At times tho people get frustated and switch to the "winning" team, which causes more stacking and then the poor guys that either aren't familiar or not as well versed in the BF universe get a jipped. All in all, it's still very fun regardless of the "GO AFTER POINTS GUYS" in team chat, lol. Another question while I'm at it, would it be possible for a sister server that has china rising maps as well for this rush-srever? That'd be great. Thanks again for your input and response!

I'm not sure if I answer your question, before it moves a player it gives a 5 second warning stating primary people to be moved are lone wolves.

Back