Bad Company 2: Give your soldier some style with the Kit Upgrade DLC

Matt5p

On Wednesday 21st April Xbox 360 players can change how their soldiers look on the Battlefield with the Kit Upgrade DLC.

KitUp_5F00_Squad.png

Want some details on what the DLC includes? Of course you do:

There are 4 kits, one for each class, specific unique uniforms and camouflaged weapons gives you a visual edge. I mean what good is a camouflaged soldier if the gun sticks out like a sore thumb?

Recruited strictly from other high-level Special Operations units such as Delta Force and Spetsnaz, the Special Activities groups – SPECACT - are the elite of the elite, used mainly for covert operations and other high-risk missions in areas where conventional troops cannot be used.
With the 4 kit specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and M95 SNIPER you have a visual edge on the Battlefield, showing that you’re a force to be reckoned with. The pack also includes 12 new awards and 4 Achievements.

UPDATE: Players obtaining the kit upgrades through the Dr Pepper promotion will not currently be able to obtain the 4 achievements. We are working to update this and any progress you make towards the achievements will be counted when the fix is available in North America. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

In North America the kit upgrades are only available on Xbox 360 using the Dr Pepper codes printed on special promotional cans.

In Europe and the UK you can get hold of the kit upgrades for:

Xbox Live Marketplace
160 MS points per kit upgrade
480 MS points for bundle pack (all kits)

The kit upgrades will also be coming to PS3 and PC a little later on, we’ll post the exact release dates here as soon as we can.

Info: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...er-some-style-with-the-kit-upgrade-dlc.aspx##

----------------------------------

I hope it's not a repost

Looks nice

They need to come out with this on the PC version.

They are coming out with this for the PC. Soulzz made a post about three weeks ago. I personally refuse to pay for special uniforms. EA is moving into the world of microtransactions and paid DLC. Heroes was their experiment and unfortunately enough lemmings will buy this shit that this is what we'll be facing in the future.

They are coming out with this for the PC. Soulzz made a post about three weeks ago. I personally refuse to pay for special uniforms. EA is moving into the world of microtransactions and paid DLC. Heroes was their experiment and unfortunately enough lemmings will buy this shit that this is what we'll be facing in the future.

I agree, I currently play iracing, which is the King of Microtransactions. You want a good laugh,(at me is OK too). I pay $179 for a two year subscription to iracing, on top of that I own 80% of all content which is $12(own 11 cars) for cars and $15(own 14 tracks) for tracks. but, since I am a serious gear head and they are second to none with Physics for a SIM. And i say it's worth it annd justifiable in my own way (LOL)

wait we would have to pay for em? fck that sounds like all the sites who host games but you gotta buy the cool guns with your money BS... i can see me leaving this game soon if it goes the wrong direction..

damn, BC2 is not RPG, change solder uniform and pay for that, it's very stypid idea

Nothing is wrong with DLC if you do it right. This is just stupid. Why in the world anyone would want to pay 5-15 bucks on a skin is beyond me. There are hundreds of thousands of skins in Counter-Strike; do you think people paid for any of them? No, it's a very moddable game. I would pay 10 bucks for a map pack containing 10 maps, but I would not pay for this.

hope it will be free for pc like the vip maps because in 360 you have to paid 4 the maps too :S

btw you can use the dr pepper codes i think 4 free

MAN! If they had cooler gear changes and shit I'd be all over this! Any of you fuckers ever play Rainbow Six: Vegas 2? The gameplay itself was super shitty because its hard to aim with a controller and the AI could basically see through walls, but the customization engine for your Counter Terrosist dude was AWESOME. You could pick new hats (and turn in backwards) and helmets and sunglasses and different colored armor and everything! As long as you don't change the color of the camo on the teams everything should be fine. Even with slightly changed armor colors or new hats and shit, the Russian Flecktarn/Partizan camo and American Multi-Cam (or whatever the hell they use in this game as it doesn't look like UCP) would still be present and easy enough to tell who is who. I'm all for it if they release the content free for the PC to make up for the shitty launch in which half of the features didn't work. Hell, a good deal of the stuff doesn't even work now! But, yeah, I'd enjoy being able to fully customize my character and his load out.

I'd pay $2 for skins. That's about how much this is worth imo. Any more than this and no thanks.

I've bought meaningless DLC for games before, but it's either been because I've been very impressed with the game, and/or the developers have shown great support (through patches etc.).

Unfortunately, I have seen neither with BC2 so far. It's good, but it could've been a lot more than what it is.

I hope its free to battlefield veterans like the m1 or its a bust. Don't they understand this Micro transaction shit is annoying. Next they will put out weapon packs that have better weapons but it will cost you $50 up front then $50 a year and another $50 just for the hell of it. With no reach around LOL. Good luck with that. I pay enough just for the game they should provide the server and those kinds of upgrades for free. enough of the greed.

under 5 and maybe, but only if it comes coupled with a patch to fix the knife, btw it is not free to pc. Battlefield heroes was a good experiment in micro transactions, and it wasn't bad, that is until the moment they decided you could pay for an advantage, after that i uninstalled the game.

It looks like it'll be around $5 according to the UK forums and Baza confirmed but didn't give an exact price.

i think DICE shoud fix game balance, vicheles$helicopters controls first >_<

I can't wait to order my banana hammock panties or grape smugglers and run around in them feeling so fresh and light.

Back